Chapter Fourteen- What's Wrong With Me?

Start from the beginning

"That's where I am confused, Sheree. It's Dawn that's one of us, not Destiny." Grayson argues. 

"Looks like you go the wrong twin, and you're going to have to pay for it. That is probably the stupidest thing you ever did. Why on earth would you separate them? And lie to her? She must know by now that Dawn isn't dead, that might have been what provoked her to shift in the first place." Sheree argues. 

What? Shift? What's that? Are these people crazy or something? Probably...

"I doubt it. I know Destiny, she would be happy to know her sister is alive." Grayson grumbles. 

"Really?! Think about it from her point of view. Her sister is dead, her parents are divorced, these awful things were done to her, she took drugs, drank alcohol, has a horrible mother, and was more than most likely abused, and the list goes on and on!" Sheree screams. "And you think she would be happy about it?" 

Dad says nothing. 

"The only reason you left was to be with Dawn. Think about it, all this probably started happening when you left Karol. All because of her sister. Her supposed dead sister. All this happened because her sister was supposed to be dead. But she's not. So all this happened for no bloody reason!" 

I hear Grayson gulp.  

That's when my body starts waking up properly, not just my mind. I groan weakly, my eyes opening to see blurry shapes. I blink a few times to clear my eyes. It feels like I have water in my eyes. 

"Destiny, can you hear me?" Sheree asks. 

I groan. Now that I am focusing, everything sounds very loud. "Be quiet, Sheree!" I hiss, rolling on my side and curling up in on myself. My head was pounding so hard I feel like I am going to cry. 

No one says anything. For a moment I actually think they are going to do what I say, but with my luck that isn't going to happen. 

"How'd you know my name?" Sheree asks curiously, coming around to stand in front of me. She has brown hair so dark it looks black and corkscrew ringlets that are tight. Her hair is not too thin not too thick, and goes down past her shoulders. 

"I could hear you, you know." I grumble, putting my hands to my head. "Where's Jessie?" 

"Jessie is out in the waiting room." Sheree replies. 

I frown. "Waiting room? Where am I?" 

"You're at the medicare centre. Jessie brought you here after you collapsed." Sheree says. 

I frown again. I look down at my body. At least someone put clothes on me. "Can I go now?" I ask, sitting up. 

Sheree's mouth opens in shock. "You don't... But aren't you curious about what we were discussing?" She asks. 

I shake my head, clearing my thoughts. I hop off the bed, shakily stretching my legs and getting them used to the feeling of being used. I still feel sore all over, especially my head. "I honestly don't care about what you were talking about. I learnt at a very young age not to stick my nose in things that don't sit right or aren't things that I am not supposed to know." 

I stumble out of the room, holding the wall for support. I walk into the waiting room and instantly Jessie stands up. He has a jacket of mine clenched in his hands and he looks really worried.  

As soon as he sees me he wraps me up in a hug. "God, Destiny. Don't ever do that to me again! I was worried sick!" He exclaims, scowling at me.  

I give him a weary smile. "I just want to go and sleep for a week." I say, my voice impossibly soft but extremely loud in my ears. 

He gives me a small smile. "Come on then, girly." He puts his arm around my shoulders lightly. 

"Jessie?" 

"Yeah?" 

"What's wrong with me?" I ask him cautiously. 

I feel him stiffen. "I'll explain it when we get to my house, yeah?" 

"Ok." 

"You can't do that!" Grayson says from behind me. "You have to go home, Destiny." He tells me. 

I wince. I guess he's right... but I don't want to. But it's the law. But then again, when did I ever follow the law? I give Jessie a distressed look. 

"In case you didn't notice, Grayson, Destiny is currently pack-less. She can go where she wishes, with permission from the... leader first. That is the way it has always been among us. If she wants to go with me, she is more than willing to. There isn't anything you can do about it, either." Jessie says, his face darkening. 

Ok, that's just making me even more confused.  

Grayson doesn't say anything to that.  

Jessie leads me out. 

I wince again as my head pounds painfully, as if I were getting a migraine. The only other time my head felt like this is when I had drunk too much vodka and Karol had injected me with a little too much cocaine. So pretty much I had an absolutely horrible hangover. Not even water, food, or pain killers helped. It was torturous, I swear. 

Never again do I want to feel that. I shiver at the thought. 

Jessie leads me to his silver Volvo. I get in the passenger side and buckle my seatbelt. 

On the drive home, neither Jessie nor I say anything. The silence is comfortable, though. It isn't awkward or embarrassing. 

When we get back to Jessie's home, all I can think of is what he will tell me. I want to know what's going on, and I want to know now.

Spelling/grammer mistakes??