Chapter 3

"Hurry up and strip you loser!" an irritated voice shouted behind a foggy glass door, the silhouette indicating at an hourglass body.

On the other side of the door someone hid behind the curtains, grimacing at the benches inside the small changing room. "Coming!" she shouted, her agitation dripping from the word.

She looked at herself in the fogged up mirror nailed onto the wall. A frown was plastered on her face, and her hair was pulled back with a scrunchy. Looking farther down, you could see she was dressed in a bikini a size too small, with her chest almost falling out of the black fabric.

"Hurry up!" the other girl whined. "Or do I have to go in there myself?"

Rolling her eyes, she turned away from the mirror and pulled the curtain aside. Padding through the locker room, she debated turning and hightailing it back to the car.

"Don't even think about it." a pair of small hands clamped around her wrists, and began to tug her out of the room.

Ellie flinched, feeling knots forming in her stomach for a moment before she pushed the feeling away and followed the taller girl out of the doors and into the poolroom. The room was unbearably hot, and the fog clouded anything farther than a few inches in front of their noses. But Ellie was the only one that seemed to mind.

"Jacuzzi or pool?" Farah asked.

"Pool." Ellie said, turning "And isn't this fog a safety hazard?"

"Just as much as your boobs are."

"What do you mean?" Ellie muttered as she looked down to look at her chest.

Farah giggled. "Hun," she said, looking at Ellie’s chest as well. "If a poor soul bumps into them he might end up flying to Alaska..."

"Thanks..."

They took a few more steps before Farah slowed down. "And by the way, try not to fa-"

Ellie hadn't stopped walking; a big mistake, two feet in front of Farah, she took a step and didn't find solid ground. Instead her foot plunged into the cold water, and her body soon followed.

"-ll into the water..." Farah cocked her hip to the side and rested her hands on them. "Would you listen to me!" she scolded.

Ellie surfaced with a loud gasp. "I really hate you right now."

Farah laughed and slipped into the water as well, slowly threading around the area Ellie was at. Ellie turned at the same rate as Farah did, making sure that she didn't pull any stunts.

After many cycles Farah sighed and gave up. "You're so stiff. Lighten up."

"But you give off a scary vibe." Ellie whispered with a pout. "You might just murder me when I'm not looking."

That earned her a hard slap to the side of the head. "Are you saying I'm scary?"

Ellie nodded.

Another slap.

"Stop hitting me!" she shouted. "It's not helping your point!"

Farah laughed, pulling away from Ellie and submerging. When she was completely under, Ellie's heart picked up its pace. This was it, she was honestly going to get killed by this woman. Farah was going to drown her and let someone find her body floating in the middle of the pool. In those horror movies the pretty lady is always the crazy one...

"I should probably get out..." Ellie whispered to herself, beginning to swim towards the place she fell in.

If only she could get out silently...