Chapter One

'''I love you so much, babe'', he whispered in my ear and touched my hair as gently as he possibly could. Normally I wouldn't let anyone touch my hair, but the way he did it was just so charming and I cou-'

I quickly saved what I just wrote and turned off my laptop as I saw Archie and Veronica walking towards me, smiling and holding hands. I made room for Ronnie to sit. It was obvious that she only dated Archie because he was a redhead, but nobody never said anything.

''So, Jug'', Veronica started and continued, ''what were you writing about before we got here?''

''Well, I'm working on this alien- thing'', I began and stopped to see how they would react, neither of them seemed very convinced so I had to come up with something else, ''just kidding, I was actually just writing this article about eating disorders''

''Oh'', Veronica said and turned back to Archie, ''when do you think Betty will come here?'', I knew that Archie wasn't convinced by my explanation, but he probably thought it was about something personal and decided not to ask about it. I mean, I hope so.

Betty came soon and we decided to eat. I ordered a classic cheeseburger and so did Archie, Betty took a vanilla sundae and Veronica ordered a chocolate milkshake.

"What are we gonna do today?", Betty asked.
"Well, I was thinking, maybe we could go shopping", Veronica said and mixed her milkshake with a straw. She looked at everyone to see how we reacted. Archie didn't seem to listen, he was so into eating his burger. Betty seemed to like the idea and I, well, would rather do anything else than to spend the day in a mall.
"Umm, yeah, sure. Me and Archie would love to carry your bags all day long", I said sassily, "right, Arch?"
He quickly got his eyes off of the burger and looked at us, confused. "Huh?"
"Ronnie and Betty here wants to go to the mall today", I explained. Archie put down his burger and grabbed a napkin to clean his mouth.
"Sorry, I can't", he said and paused to make the napkin into a ball, "I've got to finish the English essay for tomorrow"
He wasn't lying, he had an essay to finish, but he could finish it in less than an hour. He definitely did not need a whole day to do it, so he probably just used it as an excuse to avoid the mall. Ronnie rolled her eyes and said, "Fine, it's just me and Betty then". We all kind of just sat in silence, until Kevin came in. Ronnie must've already planned the day, because Kevin asked excitedly if we were ready to go. Betty looked confused for a second, but figured Kevin is with them because he has the truck, so she finished the rest of her sundae and got up. Veronica got up too, we said our goodbyes and they left.

"Well, I gotta go pee", I said and continued, "can you wait for me?"
Archie just nodded and so I went to the bathroom. When I came back I saw that Archie was acting a bit strangely, like he just saw a ghost.
"Dude, are you ok?", I asked.
"Yeah, yeah. Um, so I really should go now", he said and grabbed his stuff.
"Are you sure?", something wasn't right and it was obvious.
"Yeah, I just remembered that I've got to go help my dad with his work", he said and stopped for a minute to look me in the eyes, "sorry", then he basically just ran out. I stood there like a moron for a moment, thinking of what the hell just happened, but eventually decided to leave too.

________

hello darlings, plleeaase vote and comment if you like this so far because it's nice to get comments yyah ok have a nice day bYEe