Princess of Oz (Wicked Fanfic)

A man in a gray suit walks inside a secret place only he and someone important to him knows. He smiled as he remembered the letter Melena had sent him, asking him to come here.

Meanwhile, Melena soon-to-be-Thropp was in circles. Where is he? Suddenly, she heard distant footsteps coming. Finally, he's here.

"Melena?" a soothing voice called. It was the Wizard's voice. She smiled.

"I'm here, Wizard." came Melena's sing-song reply. She then felt the Wizard's hand clung unto her waist. She then rest her head into his chest, feeling it for the last time of her life.

"What is it that you called me for?" asked the Wizard. Before Melena could even answer, they heard a small cry of a baby. The Wizard gasped as Melena handed the child into his arms. "Is it-?"

"Ours? Yes," Melena replied. She smiled. "She's very beautiful, but-"

The Wizard sniffed then smiled. "But?" he asked.

"She's green. Literally." she answered curtly.

"But indeed, she is beautiful." says the Wizard. "Look at her, Melena. She looks just like you!"

Melena smiled then she started to cry. The Wizard looked at her symphatetically and asked what's wrong. "I would love to keep her. But Frex... I don't know what to do, Wizard."

The Wizard put his left arm around Melena while the other arm carries the little child safely. "I'm a sentimental man who always longed to be a father," he started to sing. "I will keep her, Melena. For the both of us. At least, you could just name her?"

Melena looked up at the man. She then smiled sadly as she kissed the little child and carry her for the last time. "Elphaba. That should be her name." she whispered.

"Elphaba. It's beautiful," the Wizard agreed. "Lovely, just like you."

Melena nodded and gave little Elphaba to the man. Before they give each other their last goodbyes, Melena said: "Fabala should be her nickname," and they left.

The Wizard gently took little Elphaba back into the carriage on their way home to the Emerald City Palace. The Wizard gently hummed a song into the little baby in his arms. Elphaba loved her father. She never cried when Melena left. In fact, she actually giggled while the Wizard sang a lullaby. 

"Oh, little Fabala," says the Wizard. "You look just like your mother." He took a piece of paper and wrote a letter into it. He summoned Pollux, a brown owl, from its cage and tied the letter into its feet.

"Bring this to Victoria. Make sure it arrives before us," he whispered into the owl and let it go.

Hours passed and now the carraige finally arrived at the Emerald City Palace. The Wizard and Elphaba were gladly welcomed by servants in green clothes, except for one.

"Your Ozness," greeted the girl wearing a pink dress. She bowed and smiled as the man ordered her to follow him and Elphaba into a small room.

"Is Elphaba's room ready yet, Victoria?" asked the Wizard. Victoria said a firm yes.

"The room was made according to your instructions, your Ozness." Victoria added. "Green wall, pink crib, toys and stuffs Princess Elphaba would love."

"Great then," says the Wizard. "Please make a bottle of milk for my Fabala."

"Right away, sir." Victoria replied and left.

The Wizard smiled as he placed the young infant into the crib and kissed her gently. "Sleep well, Fabala," he whispered.