Ch. 10

Adrian's POV- December 2015

I closed the door to Sophia's car and smiled as she lowered the window. 

"Kiss goodbye?" I asked.

She laughed.

"Since you asked so nicely"

I leaned down and laughed as our noses bumped into each other. My laugh died down as I made eye contact with her. 

"You have pretty eyes" I told her.

She hummed and cupped my face.

"You're the one with colored eyes"

"Brown is a color" I stated.

She smiled.

"I don't think I've ever seen pupils as big as yours"

I shrugged lightly as she lightly traced my jaw.

"So your kiss goodbye"

I frowned as she kissed my cheek.

"Bye"

"That's not nice" I said when she turned on her car.

She laughed and I closed my eyes as she pressed our mouths together. Sophia had a habit of being a tease and initiating a potential make-out session. I say potential because she would pull away before I could react. This time though, I decided to initiate and end the potential makeup session. 

"Text me when you get home" I told her as I pulled away.

She smiled and pushed her hair back as she nodded.

"Doesn't feel nice to be left speechless, right?" I asked.

She put on her seatbelt and turned to look at me. 

"To think I brought you cookies, I'm just going to call Val and tell him they're all his now"

"You wouldn't" I said.

"I'll pay for that parking ticket"

I had unintentionally spent the night in her dorm last night. By the time I woke up and left, it was past 7AM. When I got to my car there was a parking citation on the windshield of my car.

"I'll pay for it" I told her.

"Nope"

She winked and I shook my head as she pulled out of the parking spot. I made my way back inside the apartment and looked at Val who grinned when he saw me.

"The cookies are all mine? You're the best"

I rolled my eyes as he cackled.

"He just rolled his eyes at me, glad I was able to help. Good night"

He ended the call and sat down.

"She was kidding, we have to share the cookies"

"I'm going to go shower and probably go to bed" I told him.

"Liar, you're going to look gymnastic videos of Sophia"

"Night" I called out. 

I walked into my room and quickly grabbed a towel. I took a quick shower and checked my phone as I walked out of the bathroom. Sophia had texted about 10 minutes ago saying she was home and was going to shower. I turned on my laptop and loaded google. I typed in Sophia's first name and last name and the first thing to appear was her twitter and instagram SophiaOritz. Instead of stalking her social media I decided to load her Wikipedia page.

Sophia Belle Ortiz (born June 20, 1997) is an American Artistic Gymnast who competes for the University of California, Los Angeles. Previously she was a four time member of USA Gymnastic's Junior National Team, the 2011 Junior National Champion and the winner of the 2013 American Cup. 

Nickname(s): Peanut, Nugget, Sophie

Country Represented: 🇺🇸 United States

Born: June 20, 1997 (age 19) in Seattle, Washington

Hometown: Ontario, California

Height: 5'1" (155cm)

Weight: 110 lb (49.89kg)

Level: Senior International Elite (2009-13)/ Level 10 (2014)

Years on National Team: 2009-2013

College Team: UCLA Bruins (2015-2019)

College Career: On February 1, 2015, Ortiz announced via instagram and twitter that she had committed to the University of California, Los Angeles' (her father's Alma Mater) gymnastics team and that she was retiring from elite gymnastics. As of 2015, she has been attending the University of California, Los Angeles, where she is a member of its NCAA Women's gymnastics team. 

Personal Life: Sophia Ortiz was born to unmarried parents Drew Ortiz and Dr. Dina Mendoza MD on June 10, 1997 in Seattle, Washington. When she was 3 years old, her father enrolled her in gymnastics classes when day cares refused to accept her because she was too energetic. Her parents separated when Sophia was 9 years old, and her father was granted custody. They both moved to St. Louis where she trained until she was 12 years old. They moved again to Plano, Texas where Sophia began training at WOGA. Shortly after winning the American Cup, Ortiz suffered an injury while training with the National Team. The injury was season ending and required surgery. Exactly one week later, her father Drew Ortiz passed away from terminal cancer (Glioblastoma multiforme brain tumor), he was 38 years old. Following the death of her father, Ortiz moved to Ontario, California with her mother, Dr. Dina Mendoza MD who is an Orthopedic Surgeon and works for the Ontario Reign, AHL affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings. Ortiz graduated from Colony High School in June of 2015 with High Honors and a GPA of 3.99. She currently attends UCLA where she is majoring in Cognitive Science.

I looked at the first picture that appeared on the google page. I couldn't help but noticed the big smile on her face and how the smile didn't reach her eyes. She was at least 14/15 in this picture, and it was actually a bit sad to see she wasn't happy after potentially winning that competition. I took a deep breath and shut down my laptop before closing it shut. I was still getting to know Sophia, and hopefully the more I got to know her the more she would tell me about herself. I knew little to nothing about her gymnastics career, and I hoped I would learn about it through her.

A/N: :)