Chapter 36 - She's On The Hunt

Start from the beginning

"Can you bring me some garbage bags?" I screamed back, chuckling as Brody growled at me from under a small pile of clothing on his head. "You know I’m not going to quit until I have achieved what I want."

"I know, I’m just hoping I will die before it ends," his muffled voice replied and I laughed louder.

"Such a drama queen,” I sighed loudly.

A moment later Grant was throwing a roll of garbage bags at me, but I ducked just in time for the missile to miss its target - my head. "Uncool Grant, uncool!" I shouted out after him as he already walked away.

'Eva, leave the guy alone. It's time to go home now anyway,' Saxon spoke up and I rolled my eyes.

'He's my brother Sax, you can’t tell me what to do to him and I'll meet you at home later,' I replied as I pulled of one large garbage bag and shook it open, "Now, we are cleaning up this pig sty, whether you like it or not."

'Fine, I'll see you later,' Saxon half snapped back and I smirked a little.

'Did someone miss out on their grandpa nap today?' I teased, laughing a bit, 'See you later.'

 "Go find someone else to annoy Eva, I’m not in the mood," Brody growled and I shook my head lightly. He's been left alone too much recently, and look at how that has helped him.

"Everyone else is all annoyed out - not that I annoy people, everyone loves being in my presence. I bring sunshine and rainbows to their lives," I smirked and I started picking up bits of rubbish off the floor and shoving them into the garbage bag.

"And even on the odd occasion, I bring kittens for them to cuddle and play with, but I’m all out of kittens right now. So you just get me," I grinned, trying to not chuckle at myself.

"Go away!" he groaned again; and again I ignored him.

"Gross Brody, are these used tissues? Seriously? My brother is now the she-man," I scrunched my face up, opting to not touch the dirty tissues.

"What are you doing?” A curious voice called out from the doorway and I looked over at a glowing Emily, who was looking around the place with a slightly disgusted expression.

"Oh wow, look Brody! If Em can detach herself from our brother for more than a minute, then there is still hope for you yet!" I cried out with enthusiasm, grinning like an idiot as Emily scowled at me.

"Not funny, I can go for more than a minute without Travis," she pouted, crossing her arms over the top of her belly, well, she was actually leaning on the top of her belly.

"I’m sure you can darling, but I have yet to see this happen," I teased again.

"Eva, go away and take Emily with you!"

"What's so wrong with me?" Emily asked her facial dropping as she took it to heart - pregnant people are not great company.

"Nothing, he is just being a little girl right now," I smiled, and picked up some more rubbish, "If you want to help throw all his dirty clothes out into the hallway, you can."

"Does that mean touching them?" her face scrunched up again and I chuckled.

"Unfortunately, yes, but I’m fairly sure Dad gave him his rabies shot not that long ago," I grinned.

"Can’t I just be left alone?" Brody snapped, throwing the clothes off his head as he sat up and glared at me, "Seriously! This is my room, mine! What do you not get about that?" he demanded as he jumped off his bed and started angrily picking clothes up and then throwing them in the direction of his bedroom door.