Prologue

I sat in class as I doodled our names together in the corner of my paper. It was a cliche thing to do, but this boy captured my mind. He was breathtaking in every single humanly possible.

"This is from Kian." The girl beside me said as she slid a note onto my desk. I smiled as my eyes found him from across the room, his face held a bright smile.

"Open it." He mouthed from across the classroom and I opened the note.

Meet me tonight at 8. Our place.
XOXO Kian

I looked back to him and nodded. I folded the note before throwing into the back of my binder. I went back to doodling our names with a small smile across my lips this time.

The bell rang as I threw my things together. I shoved everything into my bag. Kian took his time packing his things so he could walk out with me.

"Hey Zoe." He said as he ran up behind me. He wrapped his arm around my neck. "When can I meet your dad?" He asked we walked to his car.

"I don't know Kian." I said as I shyly pushed his arm off my shoulder. "We are almost three years apart, my dad would kill me. He is so strict about this kinda stuff. " he sighed in frustration, but he nodded in understanding.

~~

I'm Zoe Dietz, I'm 15. I met Kian last year in a diverse health class meaning filled with all different class levels. He was my partner for the first half of the year and then he got moved across the classroom.

Kian has the reputation of being the "bad boy." He's got caught smoking cigarettes in the boy's bathroom, there was a rumor that he also smoked weed. He was caught throwing eggs at the school, and also displaying vulgar paintings on the school walls. He was the stereotypical bad boy, but I never seen it.

My dad, a very strict man, was weird about the boys I hung out with. He had to approve of them, and they had to fit certain requirements. Those requirements Kian never displayed, and my dad wouldn't like him.