Sam's Holiday

Fireman Sam rode on Trevor's bus to Cardiff airport, he went to Costa to get a coffee and waited for his plane to be advertised, he heard an announcement say Flight 03071412 Cardiff to Sodor is now boarding at gate number 13. Fireman Sam looked out of the window and saw Jeremy the Jet Plane waiting on the tarmac. "that must be my plane" said Sam.

Fireman Sam boarded the plane and sat down, he looked out of the window as the plane took off, he thought to himself "I wonder if my plane will pass over Pontypandy?" Sam liked being on an aeroplane, the flight attendant came to ask Sam what he wanted to eat "well I think I will have fish fingers, waffles and beans please. It's my favourite meal" said Sam.
Sam ate all of his dinner and then said to himself "I bought myself a treat at the airport shop, I think I will eat it now and while I am at it I had better take my vitamin too". After eating his treat and taking his vitamin, Sam nodded off.

Around two hours later, Jeremy the Jet Plane landed at Sodor Airport. Sam woke up from his nap "oh I am here, great" he thought. Sam waited for his bags and left the airport. Bertie the number ten bus pulled up. Sam boarded Bertie and asked the driver how many stops it was to the main Sodor town. "Just six" said the Driver.

Sam arrived at the main town and went to look for his hotel. He looked at the name of the hotel that Dilys had booked for him "the Lolabelle Hotel" Sam looked up "ah there it is" he said. He went in and was greeted by the welcome host "hello there, you must be Sam, we've been expecting you, my name is Ralph" Sam laughed and said "thats funny I know a cat named Ralph" Ralph laughed too, it's a very popular name. Let me tell you about the Island of Sodor. The Island of Sodor is surrounded by beautiful blue sea, it has fields of green and Sandy yellow beaches, there are rivers, streams and lots of trees where the birds sing. There are windmills, and a coal mine, the island also has lots and lots of railway lines." Sam thought it all sounded very lovely.

Sam took his bags to his room, put away his clothes and went to explore the town. Sam was surprised to see so many engines racing around, it was getting late so Sam decided to go back to the hotel and get some sleep.

The next morning, Sam woke up and went downstairs to breakfast he ate two croissants with jam and he drank a cup of tea. He went back to his room to shower and get dressed for the day. Once he was dressed he went down to see Ralph, the welcome host. "I hear you have a search and rescue centre here, I would like to see it, do they give tours?" He asked.
Ralph was surprised. "Most people come here for the beaches and to play golf. Nobody has ever asked for a tour of the search and rescue centre before. I know that my uncle Sir Topham Hatt, the Fat Controller is holding an inspection of the search and rescue centre today. I will just give him a call" said Ralph
Sam laughed "I know it's a strange request but I am a fire fighter you see"
"Makes sense now" said Ralph as he dialled the numbers.
Two minutes later Ralph finished his phone call. "The inspection starts at 1pm, my uncle will even send a car to collect you"
"Oh how brilliant" said Sam.

At 1230, Winston, the Fat Controller's car arrived to pick up Sam. Sam arrived at the search and rescue centre and was greeted by the Fat Controller. "It is nice to meet you Sam, I am going on an inspection of the centre and it would be a pleasure if you were to join me"
"Lead the way" said Sam.
The Fat Controller began the inspection. "This is Harold the Helicopter"
"Oh you must be the Helicopter who Tom Thomas came to repair" said Sam
"I certainly am" said Harold.
Sam was also introduced to Butch, Rocky and Captain.
They had a quick break for a cup of tea. The Fat Controller stood up and said "okay then Sam, time to meet our fire fighting engines."
They walked to the shed where Belle and Fire Engine Flynn were being cleaned. "Astonishing" said Sam. "They are such beautiful engines it is a pleasure to meet you both"
Belle replied "oh how flattering its nice to meet you too sir"
Fire Engine Flynn said "great to meet you buddy, why don't you jump in and check out my controls"
"I'd love to" said Sam