Karina let out a snort at Scott's inquiry. She poured her glass dangerously close to the edge and placed the carton back inside the refrigerator before looking at the reformed cat burglar. Despite his sunny deposition she knew Scott was missing his daughter and girlfriend. She suspected Steve was trying to find a way for Scott to at least communicate with his loved ones that didn't jeopardize their safety or even all of them in Wakanda. Karina was already wondering how long exactly Scott and even Natasha and Clint were going to be guests here in Wakanda. She had been suspected that Natasha and Clint were setting up covers to live out of Wakanda.

"Effervescent," Karina replied as she took a sip of her cold and thick chocolate milk.

Scott raised his dark eyebrows as his hands scratched the scruff he was growing, "Word of the day?"

"I'm expanding my vocabulary." Karina quipped. "You have breakfast yet?"

Scott didn't respond but instead motioned to his legion of orange slices. The tired ebony Brighton Native raised an unimpressed eyebrow as she placed her cup of milk on the countertop. "Okay, well I was thinking of making cheesy scramble eggs, cheesy potatoes, and sausage and bacon. Maybe even a side of biscuits. Is anyone else up?"

"Yeah, about that."

"What?" Karina asked the worry in her voice made her voice rise a few octaves.

"Oh it's nothing," Scott amended. "Steve just went back to Siberia to apprehend anything related to Bucky."

"Oh," Karina responded desolately. She wasn't really shocked as he had mentioned he wanted to go back but depending on what Tony told Ross the place was probably heavily guarded.

"But eggs and the cheesy potatoes sound great." Scott added in an obvious change of conversation.

Karina smiled tightly before going to grab the materials she needed to make their meal. "You know you should watch it eating all those oranges. You might start getting cramps or diarrhea."

Scott snapped his fingers in the air, "Shame that was what I was going for."

Karina shook her head before a frown took over, "How about I make cheesy potatoes for dinner and make grits instead?"

"You're the boss."

Karina spent most of her day with Scott, besides leaving for a while to work on a paper. They watched some TV shows, played some card games, and Scott stuffed his face with some of the Russian dishes Anya taught her. Scott was in the middle of eating her Chak-Chak along with a baked apple when everyone returned back from their mission.

...

No one looked worse for wear as there were no visible injuries on their bodies. She watched silently as Steve carried a massive box with the Hydra logo stamped on the side in his arms while Sam followed behind him with a dolly that contained more boxes followed by Wanda using her red energy to carry even more boxes. Natasha and Clint came after. Clint made a beeline to the kitchen where she and Scott were watching wordlessly while Natasha looked solemn in the direction of where Steve had headed before she followed Clint into the kitchen.

Karina wanted to ask how everything went. She had a good inkling how exactly it did go, but she wasn't really a part of the team and she didn't want to seem nosey.

Instead she slapped Clint's hand that was trying to steal food from Scott's plate that earned her a playful glare while she offered to make them all a plate.

After serving the team the rest of the pork chops and cheesy potatoes she made for herself and Scott and listening to Sam's playful moaning how Scott was the recipient of her cooking for the whole day, she excused herself from the dining room with a warm plate of food for the one person who hadn't made an appearance.