Blackout

Karina didn't realize she fell asleep until she was softly jostled out of her slumber. Despite the gentle wakeup call it didn't stop the pained hiss to pass through her lips, as the movement made the right side of her body scream in protest.

"You okay?"

Karina opened her bleary eyes and looked at Sam, "I think my right side of my body is a little tender at the moment."

Sam looked at her with a raised eyebrow and she could feel Steve's eyes on her, "How did that happen?"

Karina becoming more aware of her surroundings, she realized they were heading down a tunnel and the truck containing James was in front of them. But she remembered Sam had asked her a question, "I was tossed onto a roof from a distance that was unanticipated."

"Anything feel broken?"

"Don't think so," she answered as she watched the Task Force transport James out of the truck only to see he was contained in another cage made of glass. A frown graced her lips as once they settled the container James was in, they were let out of the vehicles. She along with the three other men were escorted to more officers where an man in a gray suit with matching hair was waiting along with a young blonde woman.

Steve was the first to speak, "What's going to happen to him?"

"Same thing that ought to happen to you," the man easily replied with no ounce of thinking, "Psychological evaluation and extradition."

The blonde woman next to him spoke, "This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander."

"What about a lawyer?" Steve asked.

Everett laughed incredulously and condescendingly answered, "Lawyer, that's funny." Karina looked at him with a scowl at the treatment James was receiving. "See that their weapons are placed in lock-up," he ordered as he looked them over before settling on her. "And that book bag as well."

"Can I talk to him – James?" Karina asked and immediately pursed her lips shut and winced as they were tendered. The man eyed her over and she knew he was probably going to reject the idea, but he surprised him. "Sure, two minutes. I'm feeling generous."

Karina ignored her protesting muscles as she swiftly walked over to James. She watched as he tensed most likely at the site of her face and she didn't miss the wince he gave as he immediately released the fist he made with his metal palm.

"I'm fine," she said as she reached him. She wanted to step closer to the glass, but the guards didn't allow her.

He went to reply, but he closed his mouth and she watched a defeated look overcame his features and what she had to say she knew wasn't going to exactly comfort him. "I'm scared - worried, James." She revealed in Russian and as soon as the words left her mouth she was roughly jerked away.

"Hey –" She heard James speak, but it was drowned out by another voice.

"Hey, you don't need to be rough with her," she heard Steve call out as he walked over to her.

Karina's calm demeanor snapped, "I'm not an enhanced individual assholes! Jesus Christ, when this is over, I'm suing all of you for misconduct especially since half of these bruises on my body are from you bastards!"

"Take her to medical now!" She heard Everett Ross ordered.

Bucky clenched his jaw at Karina's words as he leaned his head back on the head rest of the contraption that had him perfectly restrained, almost like they made it just for him. He was strapped down across his chest. He had cuffs around his ankles. And the cuffs around his arms were remarkably similar to the chair Hydra controlled him with even down to the electrical pulses that they were shooting into his metal limb – his body – to subdue him. The feeling itself was annoying like when Black Widow threw one of her taser discs at him. He knew if he concentrated enough he could break the shackles like he wanted to do when she came over to him bruised and battered. Her nose and chin were scraped and looked raw. Her lips looked split and was slightly swollen and he could tell she was in pain from how she was walking and he knew she had to still be feeling the impact from where he tossed her on the roof considering the height. She wasn't an enhanced being or someone trained to be tossed that great of a distance to absorb the impact.