Chapter 16

Mickey made his excuses and left after they made arrangements to meet him for lunch the following day in the town. Mickey was not happy when he left. Who the hell did this Alec Hardy think he was? How dare he look like the Doctor, he might as well have been the way Rose was looking at him they way she used to look at the Doctor and was all over him and Hardy telling him in no uncertain terms Rose belonged to him. He might as well have a big flashing sign saying 'Rose is mine, back off" He remembered it well, that sickly feeling when the Doctor had regenerated and became a bit too pretty for Mickey's liking with Rose swooning all over him. But he'd lost her long before the regeneration happened when Rose ran off into the Police Box for the first time.

Now she had been smitten with his double, how could she? Didn't she see it? Now he knew he had to do something, Rose was making a big mistake and she couldn't see it. He had to stop her before she did anything stupid and he could tell by the way they looked at each other that they were sleeping together and they were trying to get rid of him. He'd not seen that look in Rose's eyes for a long time and he didn't like how it was for Alec and not him and if he couldn't have her, he sure as hell wasn't going to let this Hardy bloke have her.

Mickey thought he'd got over Rose after all this time but seeing the two of them together was too much. They'd had the nerve to hold hands in front of him, goodness knows what Hardy's other hand was doing behind her back. He drove off back to his hotel to think it over, what could he do to get Rose away from Alec? Try to break them up? No, that would make Rose hate him but if he did it in a subtle way, bit by bit, dig up the dirt on the Detective Inspector and making her see he was far from perfect, he might, just might do enough damage to put her off him at least, come back home and he would be there to pick up the pieces. Just like he'd done when he stood by and watched her heart break at Bad Wolf Bay. She'd not wanted him back then but now, having her heart broken again with the Doctor's double, she may let him back into her life. By the time he got back to the hotel he was starting to make plans.

ooooooooo{silversurfer60}ooooooooo

When Mickey left, Rose had turned to Alec and apologised for dumping him in at the deep end. He knew about Mickey of course and wasn't in the least bit jealous, or so he thought but with Mickey paying an unexpected visit he wasn't prepared for, he'd been unable to stop himself from making it perfectly clear that Rose was now his and had proceeded to show it. Rose had not looked too happy herself at him showing up at the shop, let alone bringing him home but Alec thought she had done the right thing in introducing them and that Mickey would just have to man up to it and accept that Rose had chosen him and they were together, hopefully for the rest of their lives. He told Rose everything was ok and he loved her and that was it as she snuggled up to him and kissed him.

ooooooooo{silversurfer60}ooooooooo

Rose couldn't tell Alec enough that she was sorry about him turning up just like that. She wasn't happy about it. She snuggled up to Alec, kissed him tenderly and Alec responded by telling her he loved her. She had told him about how Mickey was her boyfriend back on the other world but never expected the two of them would meet, she had purposely not told Mickey about Alec for that very reason. She had been able to tell that Alec had hardly been able to stop from being jealous even though he'd nothing to be jealous of, he knew she was his but he'd certainly made that clear to Mickey in no uncertain terms. While they had been holding hands in front of Mickey, she had tried not to smirk too much with Alec's other hand being busy elsewhere.

ooooooooo{silversurfer60}ooooooooo

They went out to dinner as planned, their encounter with Mickey putting neither of them off. Alec complimented Rose when she came down from getting dressed to go out but was bitterly disappointed he wasn't allowed to go help her get dressed. He said he'd have to just settle for helping her undress when they got back instead. They tried a new Chinese restaurant further up in the town that he'd heard about and they had a nice evening out, Alec was driving so he only had one drink, Rose went full out and had two, saying he'd better not take advantage of her, he said if he did, he'd have to arrest himself. They had both laughed. As they drove home, Rose was quiet and he noticed it as they usually chatted about anything that came to mind. He said nothing until they got back, being his turn to have Rose in his bed. They had put off talking about moving in together with Mickey's visit and agreed they'd discuss it in the morning when they'd been for their run. Rose already had a few things at his house, including Alec's new collection of her underwear, her having taken the others home eventually and he'd started yet another collection.