Chapter 10: Picnic!

Börja om från början

"Hm, I think going to the restaurant is a little wearisome." Azusa proclaimed glancing at (Name) from the corner of his eye.

"Then, lets go flower viewing! Yeah! Yeah! Flower viewing! Flower viewing!" Wataru started running excitedly around the table chanting the same two words.

"I guess its fine. Its a great idea to watch the blossoms at night." Masaomi stated as he drank his tea from his mug.

"Then I'll call Subaru to inform him about this and to top it all of, Natsume too!" Tsubaki stated as he immediately pulled up his phone and started dialing the number.

(Name) stood there thinking about what to do, until she remembered she could make a snack that they could eat during this family picnic.

"I'll start making the spring rolls to bring them with us since supermarket food wont be fulfilling." Masaomi glanced up to agree with (Name) and allowed her to do it.

"A-Ah, then I'll make fried chicken for us all." Ema blurted out of nowhere, she was eyeing (Name) almost as if shes challenging her.

"Yay! My two sisters are making my favorite food!" Wataru cheered as the two sisters cooked with an unnerving distance between them.

########################
Natsume sighed to himself as he finally arrived at his destination.
From afar, he saw (Name) sit there munching on her spring roll watching Tsubaki sing his heart out.

Once he arrived, she immediately put the spring roll down and ran up to hug him. He felt her small arms wrap around his torso and smelt her flowery scent since her head was underneath his chin.

"Natsume! I missed you so much!" She giggled as she took his hand and pulled him to the picnic mat.

"Its been only 3 days, (Name)." She pouted at his response before finding a spot beside Azusa and forcing Natsume to sit beside her.

"You're finally here!" Wataru happily cheered.

"Yeah, you guys look like you almost finished, maybe I shouldn't have come." Natsume sighed as he took a spring roll from the box (Name) was holding.

As he chewed, flavors exploded everywhere. The spice. The meat. The vegetables. Actually, he should dip them in some sauce before eating the next one.

He felt someones piercing stare at him and he already knew who she is.

"Why do you look like that (Name)? Its good." (Name), flustered that he was able to catch her staring so easily, quickly looked away with a small pout.

"Well, its been awhile since you tried my cooking!" She grabbed a cup filled with liquid and angrily pushed to him.
"Here, just take this!" And she immediately looked away from him munching on another spring roll.

Natsume chuckled internally to himself finding her so cute, until he saw Ema offer another box to him.

"H-Here, you can have this. Its fried chicken." Just before Natsume could dwell on to the weird attitude of hers, he picked a stick and took the chicken right off.

The same thing happened with Ema. She looked at him with frantic eyes just like (Name). Both of them had the same reaction but Natsume had a  different response.
Ema's stare was just borderline irritating. It was as if she was copying her to feel better about herself.

Natsume ignored all his thoughts, afterall, he should treat the newest member of the family nicely.

"Its good."

"Ah! Im so relieved!"

"That's good to hear Natsume! Ema's cooking might actually beat mine!" (Name) laughed sending a cheery smile to Ema. Natsume watched as Ema glanced at (Name) for a slight second before looking away.