Sarcastic Snakes And Crappy Magic Spells

Start from the beginning

"Nor do we absorb an ounce of nutrition from it." he reasoned, like somehow that outweighed the whole not putting on weight thing.

"No wonder you guys are so..." I searched for the right word since I couldn't say model-perfect.

"So...?" he prompted.

"Fit," I finished.

"Somehow, I feel like you were going to say something else," he said, the humour evident in your voice.

"Oh, don't flatter yourself." I said, a smile lighting up my face at the thought of a smile on his.

He snorted and said, "God forbid I ever do."

"Aren't you sleepy?" I asked, finally realizing that the thunder had died down to rolling rumbles.

"I slept well enough last night," he said.

Way to sour my mood.

"Let's not forget the make-out session," I grumbled.

"Kiera," he sighed.

"Forget I said anything." I said, looking down and picking at the covers.

Silence again.

"Sleep Kiera, you're tired." he said.

I nodded before realizing that he couldn't see me.

"Okay." I said.

Before either of us cut the call, I spoke up.

"Thank you...for tonight."

By which I meant, if I'm shit scared again and don't want to stay alone, can I come over and annoy you?

"No problem." he said.

But all I heard was a resounding No.

He didn't hear the question that I hadn't asked. Or he had heard it and he chose to ignore it. I preferred the former. I guess I was used to him understanding everything I say even when I don't say it.

I didn't say anything, because there was nothing to say. So I cut the call. When I put the ear plugs in and fell back against the pillows, my heart was heavy and I felt bitter.

Why was I so upset?

I had no right.

Yeah well, try telling that to my heart.

--

--

When morning crept by, I had gotten, maybe, an hour of rest. I couldn't stop thinking about what an idiot I was. How do I keep embarassing myself like this? He doesn't do shit like this. Why do I have to be the one that gives in and tells him stuff? He doesn't reveal anything to me. I hate this.

I rubbed my eyes. No sleep, no food and extreme idiotism feels like this then. But I wasn't that girl who's going to sit around and mope.

Nah. I'll go walk around and mope. I knew it was too early for anyone to be up, so I creeped out of my room, tip toed out of the house, feeling like Harriet the Spy.

The wind bit and lashed against my hair and skin, but I didn't care, because it felt good. I jumped off the black rocks and landed onto the sand with a flourish.

Too bad no was around to see.

Why is it that when I do awesome stuff there's not a bird in sight, but when I do the most ridiculous, embarrassing things practically everybody I know is watching and laughing?