Chapter 14// The Halloween Haunt

Start from the beginning

"Steph broke up with him tonight," I answered, giving him a sad look.

"Seriously?" He questioned, looking surprised, "what happened this time?"

I sighed, "I don't know if I want to talk about it right now, I don't want to upset you,"

Auston raised an eyebrow, "Why would it upset me babe? What does this have to do with me?"

I pursed my lips, and kept walking forward. I didn't want to tell Auston that Steph had accused me of cheating with Mitch because I didn't need him getting angry and suspicious for absolutely no reason. "Lyss," Auston muttered, "what happened?"

I sighed, "Steph accused him of cheating,"

Auston looked at me, "but he hasn't, trust me, I would know,"

I nodded, "I know,"

"Then why did you think this would upset me?" He asked me again, looking at me intently.

"She accused him of cheating with me," I muttered, "she lost her mind on me Auston, and it was out of no where,"

Auston folded his lips and I immediately frowned. Noticing my reaction, he sighed and gave my hand a quick squeeze again, "are you okay?"

I shrugged, "my best friend hates me now Auston, she hates me and I did absolutely nothing wrong,"

Auston reached out and pulled me into his side, "It's going to be okay, everything will work out, you'll see,"

"I have to fix this Auston, I feel like this is all my fault," I explained, feeling my emotions bubbling over again.

"Hey, hey, it's not though Alyssa, just leave it for a bit and let them cool off, maybe Mitch can figure this out himself. For all you know, this might be a good thing, I mean they both weren't necessarily happy," Auston reminded.

I nodded. He wasn't wrong, but at the same time, I wasn't sure he was necessarily right either.

As we entered the restaurant we were led to a longer table that would easily fit the six of us. I ended up sitting in between both Auston and Mitch, whereas, Auston's sister sat across from me, in between both of her parents. I didn't quite exactly know if she was Alex or Breyana, but I had a feeling this was Auston's younger sister based on her appearance, as she looked quite young.

"So how's school going Alyssa, I'm sure you're well on your way now," Ema spoke to me as we were all handed our menu's.

Looking over to her I shrugged, causing her to giggle, "I mean It's going, but it's too early to know marks wise until after thanksgiving,"

"Oh right, Canadian thanksgiving is earlier than ours," she said, "when is it exactly?"

I pursed my lips, "I think it's two weeks out from now. It's usually the third weekend of October," I explained.

"So do you do anything usually?" Brian this time questioned.

"Well growing up I usually went to a large family gathering, but over the past few years I usually just spend the time with my Mom if she's not working, and my Grandma sometimes comes down to stay with us for the weekend. This year though, I'm not really sure what's going on,"

"Alyssa spent thanksgiving with my family last year," Mitch spoke, causing both Ema and Brian to nod towards the boy sat to my left.  I smiled at the memories that suddenly flashed through my mind at the thought.

"My Mom was away on business last year," I added.

"Will she be this year?" Auston all of the sudden asked.