"That wouldn't be a pretty sight" He commented letting her stand and then used his sonic screwdriver on the car roof opening the hatch and jumping inside before helping Rita in.

"Capsule open." The car started and a man with completely white skin spun around in shock.

"Who the hell are you?" He said to them both.

"Sorry, Motorway Foot Patrol." The Doctor made up as Rita used her sonic on the trapdoor. "We're doing a survey. How are you enjoying your motorway?" The Doctor asked keeping the man busy while Rita opened the trapdoor.

"Well, not very much. Junction Five's been closed for three years."

"Thank you. Your comments have been noted. Have a nice day!" Rita smiled opening the trapdoor. The Doctor hung on the car as the next stopped underneath he then jumped down and repeated the process of catching the brunette yet again then soniced the trap door open.

"Capsule open."

He jumped in, helped Rita and headed straight for the trap door as two women looked around confused.

"Could we borrow these?" Rita held up two headscarves one black and one a purple colour. She tied one of them around her face as a mask and tied the Doctors on his while he opened the trapdoor.

"Thank you" he nodded to her after she finished.

"Capsule open."

The Doctor opened the door and then turned to the woman moving the mask headscarf to speak. "Thank you for your cooperation. Your comments have been noted." He looked down at the purple headscarf and muttered: "Not my colour, but thank you very much." Then jumped down to the next, helping Rita and then opened the hatch.

"Capsule open" they jumped into a nudist car and Rita jumped at the sight and turned around facing the other way almost instantly.

"Ooo! Don't mind us." The Doctor commented opening the trap door not even bothering to mention about the motorway patrol anymore. They continued to jump from car to car until jumping into the last one.

"Capsule open."

The Doctor helped Rita down who was coughing. "Excuse me, is that legal?" A man bowler in a hat and pinstripe suit asked.

"Sorry, Motorway Foot Patrol." The Doctor now started to cough himself. "Whatever. Have you got any water?"

"Certainly. Never let it be said I've lost my manners." He handed the Doctor two tiny cones of water. The Doctor handed one to Rita who accepted the drink and gulped it all down as he hastily drank his.

"I'm going to take a guess that this is the last layer?" Rita looked at the man who nodded.

"We're right at the bottom. Nothing below us but the fast lane." He replied.

"Can we drive down?" The Doctor suggested. "There are three of us"

"No way I'm not going down there" the man shook his head and the Doctor groaned a little and moved over to the trapdoor. "Then excuse us." He then opened it with his sonic screwdriver and the man's eyes widened.

"You can't jump. It's a thousand feet down."

"As much of an idiot that he can be at times, he isn't that much of an idiot." The Doctor looked up narrowing his eyes at Rita and mumbled something along the lines of 'cheeky' under his breath and then turned to the man. "No, I just want to look."

They peered through the hole now in the car and looked down into what was a thick layer of smoke below. There were lights glowing faintly below.

"What's that noise?" The Doctor asked.