The Shakespeare Code - Three

Start from the beginning

She moved away walking up a few steps. "The Eternals found the right word to banish us into deep darkness."

"And how did you escape?" Rita asked.

"New words. New and glittering, from a mind like no other." She replied smiling.

"Shakespeare. " The Doctor answered.

The Carrionite looked at cauldron holding a liquid and an image of Shakespeare appeared looking broken and hurt. "His son perished. The grief of a genius. Grief without measure. Madness enough to allow us entrance."

"How many of you?"

"Just the three. But the play tonight shall restore the rest. Then the human race will be purged as pestilence. And from this world, we will lead the universe back into the old ways of blood and magic." She explained.

"Hmm. Busy schedule." He walked forward scratching his ear. "But first you've got to get past me." He stood face to face with the Carrionite.

"Oh, that should be a pleasure," She said in almost a whisper and started to stroke the side of his face. "Considering my enemy has such a handsome shape."

"Now, that's one form of magic that's definitely not going to work on me." The Doctor replied flatly.

"Oh, we'll see." She reached up for his hair and Rita could see what was going on. She opened her mouth to warn him but was then too late and the Carrionite pulled some of the Doctor's hair out. He moved away and reached up to his hair where he felt the tug.

"What did you do?"

She smirked and backed away towards the window showing the hair between her fingers. "Souvenir."

"Well, give it back." The Doctor lunged forwards and the Carrionite forced the windows open and flew out.

"Okay someone's cheating" Rita groaned moving forward and standing beside the Doctor.

"Behold, Doctor. Men to Carrionites are nothing but puppets. " She then wrapped the hair around a wooden doll's neck, Rita saw in the corner of her eye that Martha was waking up and was thankful that knowing what the Carrionite was most likely about to do.

"Now, you might call that magic. I'd call that a DNA replication module." The Doctor pointed at her.

"What use is your science now?" She laughed then stabbed the Doll and flew away, the Doctor screamed out in pain. Rita grabbed him trying to stop him from falling to the floor but was pulled down as well and groaned as she hit the wooden floor.

Martha then jumped up and ran to Rita's side. "Oh my God, Doctor. Don't worry, we've got you" She looked at Rita who looked way too calm then frowned before widening her eyes. "Hold on, mister. Two hearts?"

"You're making a habit of this." He went to stand up only to grip on to Rita and Martha's arms while crying out in pain. "I've only got one heart working." He cried out. "How do you people cope?" He looked at Martha. "I've got to get the other one started."

"Martha hit his chest, I'll keep hold of him." The Stone reassured the Doctor moved his arm quickly from gripping hold on Martha's arm to Rita's other.

"Hit me! Hit me on the chest!" The Doctor shouted in pain. Martha did so and he cried out again as Rita winced knowing Martha just hit the wrong side. "Other side." He winced and she gave an apologetic look before hitting now the correct side. "Now hit his back, sorry Doctor" Rita apologised as he hunched over a little and Martha brought her hands together hitting the middle of his back.

"Left a bit." He groaned and Martha did it again. He straightened his back causing it to crack. "Dah, lovely. There we go." He grinned at them both letting go of the brunette. "Badda boom-ba! Well, what are you standing there for?" He looked at them. "Come one! The Globe!" He grabbed Rita's hand and ran off with Martha behind heading to The Globe.