The Runaway Bride - Three

Start from the beginning

"Oh, she is long since lost." A voice from an unknown location told them. A wall behind them began to slowly slide up revealing a large, deep hole in the middle. "I have waited so long, hibernating at the edge of the universe until the secret heart was uncovered and called out to waken!" Rita noticed Lance running away in the corner of her eye.

"Someone's been digging." The Doctor and Rita walked forward looking over the hole.

"This has Torchwood written all over it." Rita peered over.

"Stone how far do you think it goes?" The Doctor asked.

"Hmm not sure" she hummed. "Maybe our new friend can inform us" she replied.

"Down and down, all the way to the centre of the Earth!" It told them.

"Really? Seriously? What for?" The Doctor asked.

"Dinosaurs." Donna blurted out and the two Time Lords turned to her.

"What?" They both said in unison.

"Dinosaurs?" She repeated.

"Oh, it's that film" Rita nodded making an 'o' shape with her mouth laughing a little. "Under the Earth, with dinosaurs. Oh, that's weird, something I remember from the parallel world." She said and the Doctor raised a brow.

'Definitely going to have to run some tests' he thought to himself.

"Parallel what?" Donna asked.

"That's not helping Stone" the Doctor muttered at her.

"Such a sweet couple." The voice hissed at them causing Rita to frown shaking her head.

"I don't enjoy talking to air so where are you?" The Time Lady asked looking at the ceiling.

"High in the sky. Floating so high on Christmas night." It hissed

"We didn't come all this way to talk on the intercom." The Doctor stated.

"I think it's scared, are you?" Rita asked. "No, of course, you wouldn't be scared of us. You don't know us, do you?"

"So come on then who are you?"

"Who are you with such command?" The voice asked.

"I'm the Doctor and this is the Stone" He answered.

"Prepare your best medicines, doctor man, for you and your Stone will be sick at heart."

"Oh, why do they always assume that" Rita groaned looking at the Doctor. "Do I look like a pet?" She then looked over at the Doctor and Donna, they both shrugged at the Time Lady not answering her question. The three looked back and noticed that the voice had teleported itself and was now connected to a face.

"Oh, look" Rita turned her head towards the red giant spider-like creature. "Racnoss" She identified it as.

"But that's impossible." The Doctor frowned looking at it. "You're one of the Racnoss?"

"Empress of the Racnoss." It corrected him.

"If you're the Empress, where's the rest of the Racnoss? Or, are you the only one?" The Doctor questioned.

"I think it is," Rita added.

"Such sharp minds." It hissed at them.

"That's it, the last of your kind." The Doctor then turned to Donna and explained to the woman who was looking a little shocked that a giant red spider as she would most likely call it stood in the same room as her. "The Racnoss come from the Dark Times, billions of years ago. Billions. They were carnivores, omnivores. They devoured whole planets."