(Fili X Reader X Kili) Casualties of War

Start from the beginning

The hobbit squeaked in distress upon seeing the great mess outside of his home. However, his full focus soon returned to Dwalin, for he found the dwarf to be all together very frightening.

"Dwalin, at your service," Dwalin growled. The hobbit simply stared up at the new visitor for several moments with immense fear before his manners seemed to be recollected in his mind.

"Bilbo Baggins at yours!" he yelped, hurriedly scooting away and allowing Dwalin entry into his home.

Once Dwalin was inside, the little hobbit poked his head back outside of his freshly-painted green door, and he looked sorrowfully at (Y/N) and Fili. But he happened to look very cross with young Kili, almost as though the dwarf intentionally wrecked outside of his humble home.

After many moments of glaring and mourning, he faced (Y/N) with a very depressed look, saying, "I don't suppose that you would like entry into my home as well?"

"That would be more than welcome, yes. Thank you, Master Baggins," (Y/N) replied.

As she crossed the threshold, she turned to her companions and shook her head, "Come along. Kili. Fili."

Both of the Durin brothers scampered up to her side. All three of the dwarves faced the hobbit and politely bowed.

"Fili."

"And Kili."

"At your service," they both said at once. And without awaiting s reply, they both stepped into the home. The poor hobbit sighed and returned his gaze to (Y/N).

"(Y/N). At your service. Sorry about them," she said gently. He shook his head and responded properly before allowing her to enter his home.

---------------------------

The events that took place after the fraction of the company had entered the hobbit's home were not much to tell of, save the fact that Bilbo Baggins had been given the choice as to join Thorin's company as they travelled to reclaim Erebor from the dragon Smaug. He had fainted promptly after receiving the contract from dear old Balin.

Once the sun arose the next morning, the company left Bilbo's home, taking many able-bodied ponies with them, and began their trek, however slowly seeing as they were waiting for the wizard and the hobbit to catch pace with them.

All had been peaceful, until Kili and Fili decided that this journey would be the perfect time to begin a little game of sibling rivalry.

Fili was very deep in thought, and so he slowed his pony until it rode at a steady pace behind the remainder of the company. Kili had soon noticed this, and so he decided to join his brother.

"I'll wager that she finds me more attractive," Kili smirked as he stirred his pony next to Fili's. Fili sighed and turned to face his brother.

"What are you on about?" Fili asked wearily. Kili grinned devilishly as he realized that he was already in the lead of the contest. Fili glanced at him uneasily.

"Oh come along, brother! We both know that (Y/N) would choose me over you any day!" Kili beamed. It dawned on Fili that his brother was secretly requesting a competition.

A competition for (Y/N)'s hand.

"I think not, Kili. Everyone knows that I am the more trusty of the both of us. Therefore, she would trust me yo be faithful much more than she may ever trust you," Fili beamed upon seeing the shocked look on his brother's face as he inquired that Fili had accepted his request.

"We shall see who she falls for, then?" Kili asked, smirking once again.

"Yes, we shall see."

----------------------------