Chapter 2

Rose yawned, she was currently in her math class. She didn't have many classes with Marco but she did have most with Star, and frankly she was happy about it. Star had been squealing the whole time over the tournament, Rose was surprised the teacher hadn't noticed.

"Oh, I bet you're great at skateboarding, Red!" Every time Star would talk to her the nickname she gave her was always there, Rose shrugged in response.

"I think I am, I used some of my gymnastics training in my tricks," She glanced away fidgeting with her bow. "Most of my tricks." Star's eyes gleamed and the apples of her cheeks raised showing her hearts off, Rose liked the birthmarks they were interesting.

"Awesome!" She gushed, the bell rang announcing that it was time for the students to head home. Star walked beside Rose as they continued to talk, suddenly the hallway was filled with commotion and squeals. "What's going on here." Star's eyes narrowed while she pushed herself through the crowd, Rose watched her before spotting Marco across the hall. She was about to walk over to him when Star's arm grabbed hold of her and dragged her through the crowd to the front.

"Star?" Rose looked into the excited ocean blue eyes of the princess, Star pointed towards the source of the commotion. The redhead turned meeting amber colored eyes, her face seemed to heat up every second she kept that contact. Those amber eyes belonged to an extremely good looking guy, his hair was a light brown which swayed as he walked towards Rose.

"Hey." He greeted her, girls around sighed while some glared at her. Star nudged Rose with a sly smile, she began to fidget with her bow in embarrassment.

"Hi," She cleared her throat quietly trying to keep herself composed, her eyes dashed from his eyes to the floor. "I'm Rose, nice t-to meet you." His eyes traced down to the skateboard in her hands.

"Name's Drew," He began tapping her skateboard with his finger. "Pleasure is all mine, skater girl." Her face exploded in red putting her hair to shame, Drew walked away with a wink. Star squealed when he was out of sight.

"Omg," She screeched, the girls that were once around them walked off following the boy. "He's totally into you." Rose put her hand up and shaking her head.

"No, stop," She warned, Rose wasn't good at anything romantic mostly due to things like being bashful at the sight of her crush. "Not gonna happen." Marco had finally made it through the hoard of girls that had taken him on their following of Drew.

"Marco, Rose is in love!" Rose turned to Marco and shook her head, she looked for something to distract them from the new information.

"No! Look it's Jackie!" Marco turned to look for his crush and so did Star, Rose took this moment to run away towards her locker. In a flash she packed her things before jumping on her skateboard and dashing off.

"Yo, Rose!" She looked towards the parking lot, Oscar was waving towards her and called her over. Rose leaned in his direction and stopped in front of him.

"Sup, Oscar?" He flipped his hair up showing off his huge eyes, Oscar had been one of the first people she had reconnected with when she got back to echo creek. Oscar smiled at her before pointing towards a poster that hung from his car hood.

"So, you're gonna skate tomorrow?" He asked, Rose nodded hopping onto the hood beside him. "I'll cheer you on." Rose smiled at him brightly.

"Thanks, Star and Marco are coming too." She thanked, Oscar played a few notes on his keytar before nodding and sitting up.

"My friend is also coming, have you met him?" Rose blushed before nodding, Oscar had told her about one of his friends that being Drew. Oscar noticed this and poked her with the tops of his instrument, she shoved him sarcastically.

"Yes, I've met him," She held her head with a dreamy look. "He's pretty cool." Oscar laughed shaking his head.

"You've fallen for looks, again." Oscar pointed out, it was true, Rose had habit of liking the cool and aloof type of boy. But, can you blame her? Rose nods in response.

"Yeah, guess you're right."