He Didn't Know

"A true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the size of his heart." Hercules

By morning, the team had been picked already. NightWing, The Flash, and Grundy. Kepper turned on the computer, and prepped her team. "We are up against Green Arrow2, Grundy2, and Green Lantern2. I need Flash to start, Nightwing to be the middle major, and Grundy as a backup strength. Ready? Good."

"She didn't even give us time to say if we were ready or not..." The Flash mumbled, cracking his knuckles. Grinning, he walked up to the platform where he would fight Green Lantern2. Kepper told him about anything that the Green Lantern2 would do, and how to deflect everything. As soon as GL2 attempted to swing a glowing bat into Wally's stomach, he charged. "To the side." Kepper smirked, watching him attack at her command. "Just wait. Stand still."  Wally flinched. His fist was in the air, and The Green Lantern2 was cowering. "Why would I stay sti-" 

"What are you doing, Wally?!?" She screamed into the microphone. The Flash was punched three times: Once in the stomach, and twice on either side of his face. She quickly clicked as Grundy went into battle in his place. Four swift attacks, and the GL2 was on the ground. The word KNOCKOUT appeared on the screen, and she quickly subbed in Nightwing for the next attack. "Do what you do, NightWing." Kepper said, which turned out to be the only thing she said for the rest of the entire battle. Nightwing remained quite healthy, and finished the last two impersonators. 

-------------------------------------------------

The trio were silent as Grundy was brought to his headquarters, (Which was a jailhouse but they wanted him to feel included somehow - He is slightly dense-), and remained quiet as they came home to their own headquarters. Kepper remained silent, as the meal was served. Wally nodded to Dick, and his friend turned away as Kepper cleaned the table. "Hey... Kepper?" Wally asked, fumbling around with the dishes in the sink. Dick elbowed him slightly, and started walking down the hall. "Yeah?" Her voice came out tough and cold. "About the mission..." Wally watched Kepper to see how her mood changed when he brought up the mission. As he though, her jaw locked and her nose began to twitch. "What about it, West?" Wally flinched. She never used his last name unless she was mad beyond words. "It wasn't your fault... It was mine. I thought I heard something that I didn't." Kepper turned around, anger steaming from her every movement. "Your fault? Your fault. Of course. Because whenever anything happens, its always someone else's fault. No, moron, it was my fault. You should know that. I know that, even Dick knows that." 

Wally swallowed hard, realizing he had been holding his breath. "Kep... It wasn't you. And I'm fine. Honest. See?" He stuck out his tongue at her; his attempt to make her smile not working. 

That's all that ran through her mind. "It could happen again. And worse. Will it happen again..." She asked, mostly in a monotone-type voice. Frowning, Wally West gently yet firmly pushed Kepper away by the shoulders to look directly into her eyes. (She made it difficult by looking directly at the ground, though.) "Kepper, look at me." 

"Look at me, Kepper."

"I don't know. But no one will die. Promise."