Chapter seventeen: Mission Impossible

Start from the beginning

"Rose," I started off. "We can't pull it off."

She cast me an offending look. "Can't pull it off?!" She stomped towards the door. "I'll show you."

My eyes widened as I saw Sawyer through the window scurrying towards the door.

"Rose!" I warned.

Though the warning didn't help...

I gasped as I watched the door whack Rose out of the way effectively squishing her against the wall.

"Wha-" Sawyer trailed off as soon as he saw me. "Chelsea?"

I snapped out of my shocked trance and scrambled towards a groaning Rose.

"Are you okay?"

Rose held up a reassuring hand. "Don't worry...only my pride was badly hurt." She tried to stand up but immediately winced in pain. "And maybe my ankle."

I examined the wound on Rose's ankle and sighed in relief. It was just a small bruise that had bits of blue spotting out beneath the purple bruise.

"Oh thank god it's just a bruise." I helped Rose up carefully.

"Just a bruise?" She shrieked. "A freaking bus rammed into me!"

"Hey!" Sawyer interjected.

The both of us jumped, forgetting momentarily that Sawyer was amongst us.

"Why are you guys sneaking out?" Sawyer narrowed his eyes between Rose and I.

"Why are you?" I redirected the question towards him.

Sawyer shrugged. "I wanted to help Chris and Aaron out with their search party, but Chris turned me down."

"Same reason with us!" Rose gleefully exclaimed.

"Well don't bother." He ruffled up his hair. "I already tried."

"Did he tell you where he was going?" I asked.

Chris nodded. "Yeah. He said they were gonna stay at a motel about an hour from here. I think it was called...Monty's Motel?"

Rose nodded. "Ooh I remember that place! My parents and I stayed there for a night before enrolling here."

"Perfect." I grinned excitedly.

Sawyer held up a hand. "Hold up...I get to come."

My mind whizzed at all the possible things Sawyer could do to possibly threaten Rose and I's little mission.

"Definitely not." I firmly stated.

Sawyer smiled evilly as he put his hand against the back door. "Too late." And with that, he swung the door open.

Rose and I stood rooted on our spots as we tried to comprehend the events that just occurred.

"Your brother..." Rose paused to think. "Sucks."

I looked back at her. "You have no idea."

She shook her head at the ceiling. "Let's get this over with."

**********

Sawyer, Rose, and I stealthily advanced behind a tree that was right next to Aaron's and Chris' car for the trip.

"Are you sure this is the car they're taking?" I grimaced as I looked at the graying exterior of the extremely beat up pick up truck.

Sawyer nodded confidently. "Definitely. I helped them put their supplies inside."

Rose whistled lowly. "That's some serious kissing up pal."

Sawyer glared at her. "I really wanted to go!"