Part 2

A/N: I wasn't originally planning on continuing this, but then I thought 'why not?' Please leave your comments. This probably isn't as good as the first one, but I'll let the readers be the judge of that. ;p

“A-awaken me.” I said, aghast. “But, Gullyble, I don’t—I don’t want this life! I don’t want to live as a monster! I don’t want to have to drink the blood of innocent people and—” I stopped, contemplating.

On the other hand, I could live for eternity, which didn’t sound too bad. Are you kiddin’ me? It sounded freaking awesome. But I could never allow myself to sacrifice innocent lives. And besides, Gullyble was a mature, compassionate, caring, and understanding brother who would never even dream of turning me against my own will—

“Too late.”

And then he bit me. I couldn’t believe the electricity that coursed through me, the fluttering in my stomach, the fierce beating of my heart. The endorphins were surreal. I couldn’t believe it. It was better than drugs, it was better than chocolates, it was better than—

Then I died.

And then I lived again.

“Awaken, my dear brother!” chanted Gullyble, his arms rising into the air, thunder rumbling in the cloudy, grey night skies. It was the time of the vampires. I could see everything, feel everything, smell everything. And boy did it stink down here.

I rose from the ground and dusted my Dracula-inspired cape, looking around in silence. Because when you’re awakened, you just appear strangely mysterious. Gullyble, Alfa and Vampeer held their breaths, waiting for me to talk.

“Hi,” I said casually. “So, are we just going to stand around staring at each other or—“ And then it hit me. I had a purpose. Why else would he have awakened me? “What does this mean for me,” I said, staring at my hands in wonder, “now that I’m awakened?”

“You’ll be undergoing a lot of changes, fighting many enemies, saving our race,” answered Gullyble in a sombre tone. “Oh, and then you go to hell. So, yeah... Who’s up for a little game of chess?”

“Chess sounds great!”

“Now we have two idiots,” said Alfa, rubbing his temples. “Are you seriously intending to sit here and play chess while the whole world is in danger?”

I shrugged. “Will you stop being so dramatic, Alfa? Chess first and then we’ll think about saving the world.”

Vampeer stepped closer. “Oh, then can I play too?”

Gullyble and I exchanged glances and shook our heads. “Hybrids only bitch.”

And then I smelt it. Beneath all the horrible stenches; urine, B.O and even onion breaths, I smelt blood. I crouched down into a hunter’s pose, which was stupid really. I could have killed a human with just a breath if I wanted to, but this was for dramatic effect. I bet I looked pretty darn sexy too.

Gullyble put his hand over my shoulder, “control yourself, Nayeve.”

But I didn’t want to. I was no longer human—not that I ever was to begin with—I was a hybrid, half werewolf and half vampire, I was a hunter, a killer.

Ripping Gullyble’s hand from my shoulder, I darted through the woods. I was fast. I was invincible. No one could touch me. No one could stop me. I felt an evil smile tug at the corners of my lips. No one. No one. And then I hit a tree.

I backed away from the tree and glanced around me. No one was in sight. No one had noticed.

Then I saw a shadow by a tree on my left and a tiny red light glaring at me. A couple of sight adjustments later, I saw that it was a girl holding a phone up, directing her camera right at me. “Dude,” she said, chuckling. “This is so going up on YouTube.”