War

year 22 of war

'All children, except one, grow up. They soon know that they will grow up, and the way Wendy knew was this. One day when she was two years old she was playing in a garden, and she plucked another flower and ran with it to her mother. I suppose she must have looked rather delightful, for Mrs. Darling put her hand to her heart and cried, "Oh, why can't you remain like this for ever!" This was all that passed between them on the subject, but henceforth Wendy knew that she must grow up. You always know after you are two. Two is the beginning of the end.' Mother started.

The clock struck midnight and that loud bang woke Amy up. The sweat on her forehead indicated she had a nightmare, her red hair stuck to the back of her neck, bloodshot eyes closed as her mouth widened, she seemed to be whispering something, that murmur turning into an almost silent scream when finally she spoke 'peter, peter, peter, peter' she said the word so fast it became meaningless. Her eyes wept and her mother shot to her door, took her wet hand and dragged her to the air raid shelter. She was safe, until she realized she forgot her gas mask at school. 'MUM' Amy howled almost louder than the siren, her lungs filling up with what felt like powder, she started coughing uncontrollably. Her mother looked at her and mouthed 'don't breathe in the gas', She held her brother's hand and whispered to him 'It's all going to be okay henry, just hold my hand', then all went black.

A loud ringing filled her ears and pained her whole body, even her feet ached. The noise had ceased and the tintinnabulation of the ecstatic bell rang as a most delectable sound in the Darling's ears. Amy sat up only to find out she was not in her room, but in a sort of luxury tree house. 'She's awake, she's awake boys' the same boy who screamed that sentence took her hand and helped her up.

'Amy isn't it? Yes hi, I'm Peter', he had hair as dark as the night and eyes as green as an evergreen, he pointed to a boy with fair hair and no shirt, and what seemed to be his twin with no pants and exclaimed, 'these naked boys are Ralph and Rafael, come lets meet the rest of the gang'

He led me outside and onto the tree house's balcony and then pushed me to the slide that connected the tree house to the floor. 'Jason, Hannah, Samantha', Amy ran to her and said 'My middle name is Samantha' The girl with curly fire hair stared at her with her big green eyes and hugged her before saying 'Hi Amy, Don't you remember me?' she froze, she analyzed the girl and before she could ask who she was she whispered 'here in Neverland when a person dies they go back to a young age, How do you think you got that name and that hair color?' Amy answered 'well the name is my grandmother, who had the same hair color as, she interrupted herself, Grandma?' she exclaimed with tears in her eyes, 'hi sweetie, I missed you Amy'.

After meeting everyone and every person she is related to, she looks back at Peter and asked 'what is going on? Where are we?'

He smirked at her and answer 'Well Neverland. You probably heard my story, I'm Peter Pan, they say I'm the only boy to not grow up but thats entirely false, now you are too.'

year 34 end of war

Between the names of the war deceased a faint 'Amy Samantha Darling' came out of Mr. Darling's lips. He then proceeded 'Amy was my daughter, she died during the night of an air raid when she did not wake up to the siren, that night from the shelter we heard her scream 'mum' at the top of her lungs only to be found the next morning on the floor of her room with bloodshot eyes and a peter pan book in her hands', He continued calling out the names of those who died in their village 'Josef Gabriel Zinn, ...'