Chapter 2: I pick...

The deadline for the contest to win a date with me is tonight by Midnight and it has been completely tedious. The guidelines were to send a five minute video of yourself explaining why they should be picked to win the date... some explanations had me laughing and some even gave me a boner. Yeah, some submissions were of them in the nude to entice me. Amy loved those... (cough, cough sarcasm).

"I swear if I have to look at another bimbo giggling like they are in elementary school, I'm going to hurl." Amy gritted like her usual self.

"Hey, this was your idea. I was happy being my playboy self. But noooo, you and Gar want me to settle down." sitting back on the seat as I cross my arms over my chest. I was tired and wanted to go to bed. It was ten minutes before midnight and we were going through the last videos. To think we had over ten thousand submissions and they were still coming. I should be happy that all these females wanted a few hours with me but it wasn't any different from meeting someone in person.

"I know that Miles. But you are turning thirty in a few months and it is about time you only give your d*ck to just one female." 

"I do. A female at a time." being a smartass which earned me a slap on the back of my head.

"Ouch. That hurts." rubbing the area Amy hit me. This girl hits hard.

"Stop being an ass Miles and take this seriously... please?" 

Sighing I tell her yes. "Yeah sure Amy." dragging my hand over my tired face. My eyes hurt from watching videos for days. I'm glad that these were just the ones that are my potential date. The team Amy and Garrett set up to view them have already eliminated the ones that had no chance.

"Thanks Miles." smiling at me. "Okay, there's only a few minutes left and this is the last one." squinting at the screen she clicks on the play button so the video can start.

The girl started talking and I have to say she is my type. Looks tall, great body and athletic. She was in workout clothes over looking the Valley. She made sure she let us know that she runs every day and loves all different type of sports. My type of girl since I love to stay fit.

"Seems like you are interested." hearing Amy from the side of me and once I look at her I smirk. 

"You know my type."

"Well, when you want to actually be serious. She actually looks like-"

"Don't Amy. Don't say her name." pursing my lips letting her know that I still don't want to talk about my ex.

Her hands went up in surrender. "I wasn't going to say her name Miles. You should know me better than that." placing her hand on my knee.

"I know." I can't even bare to hear her name anymore since she left.

The silence between the two of us was short lived when we heard a ding coming from the computer.

Amy goes to click on the new email opening the link. "It's another entry." checking her watch. "It's two minutes before midnight."

"Well, it's not past the deadline." shrugging. Who ever this is made it just in time.

"Alright." she sighed tiredly clicking the video.

Sitting back on the chair I wait for it to play. The camera is shaking and out of focus until a face comes into view.

"Hi Miles and whoever is watching this. My name is Juliana and this is Bianca. Say hi Bi." the camera tilts to the side showing another girl who looks like the girl Juliana. They actually look very alike. I think they may be twins. "Hello." waving at the camera.

"Anyways, we want to nominate our best friend Elaina Rivera to win a date with you Miles." 

"Yeap, she actually doesn't know we are doing this but... we don't care!" they both say in unison.

"The reason she doesn't know it's because she really isn't into these type of contests and doesn't like dating too much."

"That's why we are doing this for her. So she can have fun and to have a once in a lifetime chance to meet one of her favorite singer and actor."

"... though she may not admit to that."

"Anyways, we are going to be secretly video taping Elaina at her job at our local YWCA which shelters women who have escaped abusive relationships or situations with their children."

"She loves her job as one of the directors here and the occupants here love her also... well you'll see."

The camera turns forward as they both enter a glass door walking down to a desk with another girl sitting behind it.

"Hi Sasha." they greet as the girl waves back.

"Hello... she's in the back with the little ones."

"Thanks." they say.

The camera turns to one of them. "Okay, I can't speak too loudly because I don't want her to hear me. But I will zoom in on her so you can see what she's like." smiling at the camera then turning it back.

The only thing you can see is the hallway and a voice in the distance. The camera movement stops and it then zooms in on a Hispanic looking girl sitting on the floor with little kids around her. I can only see her profile and she seems to have long black hair that is tied up in a ponytail. 

"That's Elaina. It's story and singing time." the girl holding the camera whispers then turns it back to Elaina.

"Yes Jesus loves me for the Bible tells me so... Jesus loves me this I know... For the Bible tells me so... Little ones to him belong... They are weak but he is strong... Yes Jesus loves me... Oh, yes Jesus loves me... Yes Jesus loves me for the Bible tells me so..."

They were singing a song I used to sing with my mom when I was younger. It brought back good memories putting a smile on my face.

The singing stopped and Elaina spoke. "Beautiful singing boys and girls. Remember that Jesus loves each and everyone of us unconditionally and with him, everything is possible."

"Ms. Elaina? Do you love me unconditionally?" a little boy asked her.

"Of course I love you Jay. Just like I love all of you unconditionally. I may not be your real mom, but I love you as if I were." smiling back at him and the rest of the kids who get up and rush her with hugs. Elaina falling to her side with the kids on top of her in a pile laughing.

I chuckled lowly. They seem to adore her.

The camera turns to Juliana. "So Miles, you can see how much Elaina loves these kids and vice versa. She loves helping others in need and the community. Her life is the YWCA and she would move heaven and earth to make sure these families get the help they need.

Bianca jumps in grabbing the camera. "Not only that, she is beautiful inside and out, is a great cook, funny, fun, sweet, humble, kind and feisty when she wants to be."

"We hope that you take Elaina as consideration for a date with you because she desperately needs a day of fun... and who knows, you guys may hit it off!"

"Bye Miles and thanks for watching." both of them waving at the camera.

The screen goes dark. I sit back on my seat and stare at it.

"Well, that was... interesting." Amy says.

"It was."

"So. Thoughts?" asking me.

Letting out a deep breath I turn to look at her. "I pick her." smiling back.

03/24/2017:

Hello readers. Hope you had a great week. Just had a birthday last Friday and was surprised with a Party by my husband and friends. Couldn't have been happier, especially seeing my best friend from Florida there.

New readers, hope you check out my other stories... 

Thanks for Reading, Voting and Commenting.