Rendarhiels Fate.

Start from the beginning

A giant vanguard.

He was off in the distance, I could barely see him.

My eyes felt like they shifted and all of a sudden, I could see him, looking at me.

I could see the whites of his eyes, rotted teeth as he smiled.

He saw me and knew I couldn't do anything to avenge my fallen.

But he didn't know who I am.

Taking my stance next to a fallen centurion-like vanguard, I draw the bow.

Pointing the tip of the arrow right at him, I steady my breath and aim up.

"You didn't know his name, but take this arrow with mine." I whisper to the arrow.

I let lose the arrow, everything seemed to slow almost to a stop.

I felt the string slowly rolling out of my fingers, the feathers brush across as they warp into the wind.

As the arrow gained speed once more I give him the last thing he will ever need to know.

"I am Rend."

The arrow vanished off into the distance. A short moment later I hear a shrill cry from a falling Vanguard.

"And let hell know you have friends on the way."

"FALL BACK AND FORM UP!"

I run back to the line to hear some of the most grim new any of us could ever come across.

"The Vanguards have broken the treaty. All men they find. All women. All children. Will be killed."

Anger clouded my head that I almost didn't realise when Finch grabbed my head and looked directly into my eyes.

"Oh god-. Eladrin!?"

"CHARGE!"

In the heat of battle I hadn't thought on what Finch had said to me, the leaders of the Vanguard were formitable men.

One wielded a sword and shield while his close commander held his mace like a beast and wore little to no armour.

The mace-man charged at Finch, holding his shield like a wall Finch couldn't even dent, slamming down like a god.

Finch was in trouble.

Everything in me moved like liquid, a beautiful flow from grabbing an arrow, spinning it into place and knocking, then drawing.

I held the shot for the moment I needed, but every moment was the loss of my closest friend.

The Vanguard smashed Finchs weapons from his grasp, then raised his mace to finish Finch in a brutal crush.

To Finchs surprise, the mace-man stopped.

Finch had rolled out of the way in time for the Vanguard to slam into the ground to show a protruding arrow head, piercing out of his back.

"Good kill. Now -"

"- Get the rest of them. I know, Finch"

In the little boost of ego from my last kill, I almost missed the ringing of steel slicing through air.

Dropping to the ground, barely in time to save my head from being removed.

This Vanguard was fast. Very Fast. I had a bow. He had a sword.

I was going to die. But I ran, ran as fast as I could, fumbling for an arrow, I had neglected to think of what happens when you run with a quiver.

"SHIT!" I proclaim, turning around and rolling under the next blade swing, this time I wasnt so lucky, the blade slashed my right arm as I moved past.