Rendarhiels Fate.

Those who say 'War is hell' should just shut up.

I would trade hell for this any day.

Once again, I had my orders, I will not question them.

The orders were to march to some village that I had no desire of learning the name of.

The part of the orders I had kind of skimmed over were that we were to fight a bunch of damned Vanguard.

While we were forming our ranks, I received my long sword and just sighed, this weapon didn't suit me.

Turns out, someone knew.

A woman, bearing the crest of, what I recognised to be, the Central Shipping Empire, approached me.

But she approached me with a look of purpose in her eyes, nothing in them told me to trust her.

"Ah, master Rend, correct?" she said to me, readying a package in her hands. "I have a... Gift."

I knew of this 'Shipping Empire', She was lucky I hadn't cut her smuggling hands off.

"Oh? And what would this 'Gift', as you so generously put it, going to cost me, thief?" Nothing told her I cared for her words.

"Please, this is a gift. Well, I guess you could call it insurance." She held that word with a cruel twist in her smile.

"'Insurance'? What in damnation do you wish to ensure you selfish wench?" Almost spitting at her in hatred, she was sick and I was well aware.

"My own skin." As she said this, she thrusted the package into my hands. "Have fun, Elf."

I look up to see her... Gone

"Elf?" I murmur to myself as I open the package, the contents felt so sweet and right.

A bow and quiver full of arrows.

"MEN AND WOMEN OF THE IRON CITY! FORM UP!"

I run to my position with my new friend in my hands, my recruiter taking his stance by my side, Antonius Finch.

"Ha." One simple sound and I wanted to test fire it on him.

"What now, Finch?"

"Oh nothing, when was the last time you even held a bow?"

"A long time ago, my friend." Something told me that he was just being an arse, but I let him play it out.

"Well good luck then, I will miss you."

And there it was.

"What the damned do you-"

"You are a human."

"What does th-"

"You have a bow. Not your weapon."

No matter how much I wanted to argue, he was right. It maybe a real hit to my ego, I had to fight.

I had a purpose.

In all of my arguing in my own head, I missed the advance call.

I almost froze. So many dead.

All that my body did was react. Running forward I almost trip over a body.

Stumbling forward, I look back to see a man I trained with, we started the same day.

We fought together on the ships all those months ago.

He was my friend.

Then I realised, I had seen the man to kill a friend of mine.