The Silent One (A Niall Horan Love Story)

Proulouge:

I remember the screeching of tires and the crush of metal on metal. The screams of my parent's and little sister's last moments of life and their eminant death. I was the lone survivor of that car accident. I lost my family, my voice, and my purpose for life. That was two years ago.

Now I am in a hospital, where I've been for the last two years. I still mourn over the death of my family, any person would, right?

My name is Juliet Liliana Matthews. I was 15 years old in the car accident, and now I'm 17 years old and in a hospital. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: I don't talk. I've been mute ever since I lost my family. The hospital gave me a mini white board so that I can "talk" that way. I don't use it all that much, just when I have to. The only thing that makes me the slightest bit happy is this band called "One Direction". It's made up of 5 boys: 4 British and 1 Irish. Their names are: Harry, Louis, Liam, Zayn, and Niall. My personal favorite is Niall, the really cute, blonde haired Irish boy. Everytime I see him on TV, or I hear his voice on the radio or on my ipod, my heart flutters. Yeah, I do fan girl a bit...but not that much. I don't want to embarrass myself.

Life was good before the accident. I was a very cheerful and outgoing girl, believe it or not. Music was a very big part of my life, and I never went anywhere without my ipod. I was attached to it. Singing was also a talent of mine: I had won 4 talent shows in a row, even over those bitchy, blonde, idiotic, and dumb cheerleaders who always made fun of me for my love for music, theater, singing, and the visual arts. I had been in at least 3 in-school productions as the main female protagonist, which was sort of my specialty. I loved doing shows and being onstage, even though people bullied me for it. It was just what I loved to do.

But now, I'm stuck in this stupid freaking hospital. There were still so many things that I had yet to experience. A first kiss, for example. Yes, it's true, I'm 17 years old and I still haven't kissed anyone. But who could love a silent girl like me? I doubt anyone would or even could. I'm ugly as hell. I have long and wavy light brown hair and pale blue eyes. Yeah, see, I told you I was ugly, and I won't be pretty, ever. (At least, that's what the Cheerleaders said. I took that to heart. Don't know why though.) My non-existant love life wasen't really a priority, right?

Every night, I am reminded of my family. I cry....oh god, I cry a lot! The nightmares are going away, slowly but surely. I wished that the accident had never happened, but obviously, that didn't work, because you can't go back in time to change the past. People have told me that time will eventually heal my emotional state of misery and pain. My only question is: Does that really work?

-End of Prolouge-