"Well, I mean- you and Steven
Are close, aren't you?" She asked softly.

     Almost seeming offended, I looked to her and nodded firmly.
"Since highschool, he's my best friend," I informed her quickly, almost as if I was humored by her question.

     It was true, Steven and I had been best friend's since highschool. Joe on the other hand had merely been friends with Steven since the older brunette and I graduated.

     Of course, I kind of saw through their little charades, Joe being oblivious to it, but, Steven saw more in Joe. Was it sexual? More than likely, did anyone really know? You betcha. Did anyone care? Not at all. It humored most of us, being as, Steven figured no one knew at all.

     In some cases, he was right. Yet, that was why the rumor of Joey and Steven being gay together sprung up. Steven wanted to cover his tracks, he would occasionally kiss the drummer on stage, and Joey would just think it was for humor purposes, and gag for gimmicks, before carrying on.

     Then again, no one really saw the wheels turning in Stevens mind, knowing his clever layouts for the public. That's why he had me, to confide in, to catch on to his plans, understand and support him.

"Tom," Bebe whispered breathlessly, brushing my blonde bangs from my eyes as her smile was inviting, yet, shy.

I chewed on my inner cheek, looking to her with uncertainty.

What game is she playing?

•Marilyn's P.O.V•

After a bit of consoling, I had chose to find comfort in a chair, across from Steven.

"Hey," I mumbled softly.

Steven's tired eyes slowly looked up from his lap, his lashes fluttering, showing he was resting for a moment. "Hm?"

"I wanted to..apologize," I spoke quietly, furrowing my brows as I cast my gaze to the side, looking away briefly.

"I'm not sure why I got so emotional, like that– I didn't mean to force you into a pity party, or, to make you feel like you had to share such private information with me." My voice had fallen to just above a whisper.

Steven's expression was still tired, but, he managed a little smile and his eyes had softened, becoming gentle and inviting, almost as if he was straining to ignore his tiredness. "When a wolf goes solo, they don't survive as well as if in a pack. Where love and the affection of a family is passed around, even if the pack contains just two wolves–" he then paused and his tired eyes slowly flicked to fall upon Calvin—whom was currently asleep with his magazine tightly in his arms—before he looked back to me. "And a pup," he added.

My expression had been blank for a moment, taking in his softness and kind demeanor.

For some odd reason, I couldn't help but think:

He's just tired Marilyn. You've seen how he's behaved, you need to keep your chin up and just let his Nonsense roll off your shoulders, he's luring you in.

However, I smiled a bit coyly, and crossed a leg over the other, looking down at My hands which I rested onto my kneecaps.

By the time I looked back up, he rested his head against the window, and curled up beneath his thin coat, purring softly as his eyes were closed.

     •Steven's P.O.V•

     "You're sweating," Her voice spoke just above a whisper.

     Bebe's eyes weren't as widely open and reflecting as much passion as per usual. Instead, her gaze was focused on me, lids lowered out of tiredness. Long strands of golden hair misplaced and Ruffled from the pillow where she had lay her head during sleep just moments ago.

     It took me a few moments to actually settle, having just woken up in a partial daze- and anxiousness. Casting my gaze towards the slits in the blinds- which allowed the moonlight to pour in and glow upon the white walls of the bedroom- I took a moment to register the blondes words.

     "How about that," I retorted with slight sarcasm out of annoyance, due to be awoken.

     Bebe then frowned, her brows furrowing a tad bit as well.

     "Bad dream?" She whispered and brushed the few strands of dark locks that seemed to stick to my forehead, clung to the sweat excreted from each pore.

     "I guess so." I mumbled, exhaling Sharply after regaining a bit of composure.

     "Do you want to talk about it?"
She pressed.

     "No."

     Absolutely not...I didn't want to explain why I dreamt of a woman- or even about the downfall of the relationship Bebe and I had so carefully built. It wouldn't settle well with her, at least not at this hour.

     "You're being cold," she mumbled quietly, her expression hurt- yet somewhat sympathetic.

      However, her dainty Palm moved to my forearm- and gently began to shake my limb.

      She grew a little more forceful, and by then I couldn't hear her voice- but only see her lips move and her expression change.

     "Steven."

     "Steven.."

     "Steven."

      My lids fluttered open suddenly, the piercing light irritating me tremendously.

      Scrambling to sit up, I pawed at my eyes and squinted- peering up to see Marilyn before me, her hand gently shaking my arm.

      "Hey," she offered a weak smile and sighed.

     "It's time to go."