Chapter Four

The Telekhine led me to a dark tunnel where a coffin laid in the middle. There were writings on the side of the coffins but I couldn't describe it.

'What must I do?' I asked, unpleasant with the huge group of dog-heads now.

'Present it to the master! He will be delighted to have it.' One Telekhine said.

'Present what?' I asked.

Two Telekhine placed something long wrapped in a black cloth. I went to it and tried to peek what's underneath.

'Beware, mortal!' A Telekhine screeched. 'You will die if you're not careful. A single touch will grant you death.'

I pulled my hand back. The Telekhine rolled his eyes and pulled the cloth away.

'Done!' It lifted the weapon. It was a scythe looking similar like the sword Luke has.

'Now you must present it to the master.' The Telekhine ordered.

I stepped back. 'Can it be someone else like you guys? Shouldn't you be the one to have this honour?'

'Yeah, why can't it be us?' One of them agreed.

'You fool! We require the mortal to wake the master! Only he can perform it.' The leader of the Telekhine barked.

Then a squeaky echo emitted through the tunnel.

'What's going on?' The Telekhine asked and flopped to the coffin.

It was open slightly with someone inside it. But who was it that pushed the lid open?

'Quickly! The master has grew impatient! You, mortal, do your job!' The Telekhine said and passed the scythe at me.

I held it carefully so it wouldn't slice me off.

'Hurry!' The Telekhine urged.

'Stop!' A voice shouted from behind. I turned and saw Percy wielding his sword. 'Please, Aiden. Don't do it.'

'Intruders!' The monster roared. 'Do it, mortal, or you die.'

I looked at the creature and Percy pleading with me to stop. I never wanted to do this. If I try and disobey them I won't be able to return home.

No, I told myself. I won't run away anymore.

I threw the scythe away to the end of the cave. Percy smiled but his happiness was held short. The scythe halted in mid-air and swung towards the coffin. A hand pressed out to it and the scythe in his grasp.

It was Luke, with his eyes gleaming with anger. I knew it wasn't him, it was the Titan Lord, Kronos.

'A pity,' he said to me. 'You were being a good dog. But it doesn't matter anyway, I was about to kill once you're done being useful.'

'What?' I said.

Kronos smirked. 'Mortals, they never change.' He held up a red woven ball of thread. It was Ariadne's string.

'Liar!' I shouted.

He blasted me all the way to the end, the impact slammed my head. I choked and coughed in pain.

'Aiden!' Percy called. He charged at Kronos but got pushed away instead.

'A useless attempt to stop me, Percy Jackson. Soon you will be joining the pitiful mortal.' Kronos said.

I got back up wearily and did something stupid. I lunged myself at Kronos. But he slapped me away like some fly. I landed beside Percy.

He helped me up. Meanwhile, Kronos walked down his stage like a drama-king. His scythe shining for death.