Movie Night

Depuis le début

"What are you yelling about?" The human flamethrower smirked at the blushing girl.

"Oh come on, You saw that" She motioned to the movie in front of them. "He had the perfect chance to kiss the girl and he didn't take it" She threw her hands up in the air. "I mean she was practically asking for it"

Chuckling, his gaze met hers "You get way into these movies" Not that that's a bad thing anyways, sometimes it was quite amusing and fun.

She tucked her knees up to her chest. "Well can you blame me? The adventure. The mystery, and especially the romance"

"Toni" He sighed, turning away from her. This must of been pretty serious if he was using her real name. Well real name, nickname. Again way better than the oh so embarrassing Antonia. "I'm sorry for. You know, almost catching you on fire"

Her eyes widened in surprise. What? He was apologizing to her. Wow. That had to be the first. "No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't of been stupid and ran out in front of you when you were trying to practice" She smiled at him. "I'm just glad I didn't get burned" She laughed. "man, that would of been awful"

Hot Spot returned her smile. Something about it was contagious. Then she let out a squeal of delight, making him jump.

"Yes! Finally!" Argent giggled and pointed to the screen excitedly. On the screen the main detective had finally kissed the girl and by the looks of it they were now going to be a couple. "I told you Isaiah! I told you it was going to happen!" She beamed.

Throwing up his hands in surrender, he laughed. "I'll never doubt you again" He leaned back on the couch and closed his eyes only to feel something... or someone curl up next to him, her head resting on his shoulder, black hair tickling his chin. He looked down to see a content looking Antonia. Her shoulder blade was digging into his ribs, but he didn't seem to notice that much.

"Are we going to watch the sequel" Her crimson eyes looked up at him and he simply nodded as the movie changed and the sequel started  "Thank you, love" She said in her Kiwi accent, watching the movie intently.

Hot Spot became aware of snickering in the background, but decided to shrug it off. It was getting late and from the looks of things the others weren't coming back soon, which formed the question where did they run off to? He was sure it wasn't to get popcorn unless they were getting a monster truck size load of the stuff. They were probably up to no good.

*****************

Time passed, It was late, very late. The moon was high in the sky and the movie was about halfway through. Hot Spot looked down at Argent to see if she was still watching the movie, she was sleeping, curled up next to him. He smiled to himself. She had a small smile on her lips, obviously having a good dream.

He tried to free his arm, but when he did, she shifted. Okay so he wouldn't be able to move. I'll just wait until she wakes up. He looked back to the TV screen and continued watching the movie. Now the detective was in a battle, the villains had his girl and by the looks of things, the only way to get her back was to give himself up.

The pyrokinetic boy looked down at the half-alien. Would he do that for her? What if they were in that situation? He would do it, no one would harm his friend and after he saved her. He would fry every single villain that wanted to bring harm to her.

She snuggled closer and he placed an arm around her. It was only a movie. He told himself, nothings going to happen to her. Closing his eyes, he drifted off to sleep.

Harold snickered and motioned for Jericho and Wildebeest to come in. "They're asleep. It's safe" The three stood in front of their two sleeping friends.

Jericho looked like he wasn't so sure this was a good idea. Are you sure you want to do this. They are going to kill you. The young boy signed to Wildebeest who had a brown bag in his hand. Harold snapped a picture of the pair.

Wildebeest grunted and nodded, starting to blow up the bag. Jericho sighed You two are so going to regret doing this. The blonde walked out of the room. No way he was going to face the raft of Hot Spot for this. No way in the world was he a match for that type of rage.

Harold started the camera. This will teach them to burn the training room, besides what other chance would they have to do this? He watched as Wildebeest held the bag right behind the two's heads.

3....2...1 BANG! The bag was popped and Argent and Hot Spot nearly jumped out of their socks, eyes wide.

"What the heck!?" Hot Spot snapped, his skin heating up due to the flames.

Harold and Wildebeest were laughing, Argent was on the floor. She fell off the couch. "ugh...." She groaned. "I was trying to sleep" Tiredly, she rubbed her eyes.

"We had to wake you up somehow" Harold stated. "Just go to bed now Lovebirds" He wasted no time opening a portal and leaving, There was no way he was getting burned. Wildebeest ran down the hall. Hot Spot growled and looked down to see a blushing Argent. Why was she?... oh Harold, remind me to get him for this. He helped up his friend.

She made him calm, most of the time. There was something else though. Something that made his heart race a mile a minute. Yet, he could never figure out what. She turned her crimson gaze on him. "Thank you" She brushed herself off, then yawned, turning back to the screen to see the finale. "See I told you they would stay together" She smiled. "That's why it's a good movie" She threw her arms around the boy and hugged him. He felt his face heat up.

She let go, still smiling. "Shall we watch the third?" She didn't wait for an answer before she pulled him back to the couch and they sat back down, her snuggling up next to him and him not minding at all. For her he would watch any detective movie, even if sometimes he didn't understand. He gave her a small kiss on the forehead to which she smiled in return.

He was her friend and as long as she got small kisses and hugs, that was okay with her, but who knew? Maybe they would be like the characters in the movie. Maybe one day they would be something more. She felt herself drifting back  into sleep, glad to have watched it.