Chapter One

Humming, I walked down the familiar sidewalk, allowing myself to take in my surroundings. It's been a year since I've first attended Riverdale, yet I always manage to find new places in the town. I pushed open the familiar doors of Pop's the local diner as my nose was filled with the delectable scent of burgers and fries. School starts tomorrow and I just needed to take a break from everything, before I rush into something new tomorrow. Today I came back to Riverdale from my parents' house, and now I'm staying at my sister's and grandparents place here in Riverdale.

Just as I was about to sit at a table and order I heard my name being called "Aayat! Over Here!" I turned around to have my eyes meet Kevin's; I couldn't help but smile at seeing his face. I literally sprinted over to the table, sitting across from him.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, I leaned a little closer "Especially alone?" that's when a thought popped in my mind "Wait! Are you on a date? Who's the lucky guy? I already ship you two togeth-" I was interrupted by Kevin

"Aayat, chill. No I'm not on a date. But Betty is!" My eyes widened in shock, his smile only deepened. "Ok, it's not really a date" he trailed off. I sighed,

"C'mon! You can't get my hopes up like that!" he just laughed at my expressions.

"But she is here with Archie!" The waiter asking us to place our order interrupted our conversation; afterwards the waiter left and we were free to discuss whatever.

"So, anything new happen in Riverdale while I was gone?" I questioned. Kevin stirred slightly in his seat, an uneasy look appeared on his face. I placed my hand on top of his "Kevin?" I questioned, "Is everything alright?" he only nodded, avoiding eye contact. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, what was he hiding?

I decided not to push it, as I strayed the topic elsewhere, mainly focusing on his life. The night passed, with us catching up on life, and secretly spying on Archie and Betty.

If only the rest of the year were to pass with such ease. Little did I know that this was only the calm, before the storm was to arrive.