~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I skimmed through the different hair coloring boxes until I landed on a dark, almost black, blue. I grabbed that box and a box of purple along with a box of a lighter shade of blue. I was about to experiment. I bought the boxes and drove home running into the bathroom and locking it. An hour later I was done and a complete mess with hair dye all over the place. I wiped my face quickly from any hair dye that had gotten on it.

After I finished my hair I stripped down and took a quick shower before getting out and wrapping a towel around my waist. I walked into my room and grabbed my phone. I bit my lip as I scrolled through my contact list. Maybe I should just wait for tomorrow. Maybe I'll sound too clingy. What if she says no? I pushed the thoughts away and clicked on her name.

"Hey."

"Hi, Skylar."

"Did you need something?"

"Um... I-I was wondering if... I dunno, maybe you wanted to, um.... go out tonight?" I stammered into the phone. I brought my hand up to my face and smacked my forehead at my idiocy. Why couldn't I just be confident like Ashton?

"Um... Like a date?"

"Yeah- I mean, no... uh... If you want it to be.... You don't have to go... I was just hoping-"

"If I say yes will you shut up, Michael." Her melodious laughter filled my ears and I smiled.

"Okay. I'll pick you up at seven?"

"Yeah that sounds good."

"Okay... i'll see you then."

"Bye, Michael."

"Goodbye, Skylar." And I couldn't wipe the grin from my face. Just by saying yes she made me happy. I sighed happily and searched through my closet. I rummaged through all of my old band t-shirts and skinny jeans. I began to over think on what to wear. What if she didn't like band shirts? What if the shirt I wore was a band she hated? I shook my head at my pathetic ways. I was stressing over what to wear just because of a girl. I went with an American flag tank top and some black skinny jeans. She couldn't judge me because of an American flag, right? I thought as I pulled on my skinny jeans. Oh look, and Australian wearing an American flag. Oh God, she might think that. I stopped putting on the shirt and looked through my shirts again. I grabbed my black Jack Daniels shirt. Oh God, he's probably an alcoholic. I panicked and threw it back into the closet before rummaging again. After about 15 minutes I finally settled on a black tank top and walked out of my room without a second thought or glance. It was 6:53 and I didn't want her to think I was a slow poke who couldn't get ready in 30 minutes. I walked down the stairs to be met with Calum, Luke, and Ashton in the living room watching the telly.

"Where you goi- woah there, you changed your hair, Michael." Calum asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" I said.

"Where are going?" Luke asked.

"Out." I motioned my thumb towards the door and walked out quickly before they could question me any longer. I got into the black truck, which took me so long to save up for and I bought last week, and drove down the road. Soon, I was at Skylar's house. I didn't see her step-parent's cars so I got out of the truck and went to knock on her door. A smiling Skylar answered the door and stepped outside. She was wearing an oversized maroon knit-sweater over a white shirt and some black skinny jeans. I took a deep breath in as I took in her natural beauty. She didn't even try and she still looked amazing to me.

"Oh my God, Michael! Your hair looks so cool!" She squealed.

"Thanks, I did it a few hours ago." I mumbled while scratching the back of my neck.