chapter one: the van

**3 years later**

"Come on Kera" I yell to the back room "before Auntie gets back" it is now the summer time and we try to do our best in staying away from Auntie.

"I'm coming, hold your horses" Kera says as she walks in the room, wearing a black crop top that is up to her bra and high waisted jean shorts that are way to short.

I cross my arm in front of me and demand "no way, go change now" she stomps her feet and turns on her heels. Trixy then walks in the room looking like she just woke up.

I say "good morning sleepy head, go get ready to go to the store" she starts to throw a fit "but I don't wanna go!" she spot. I cross my arms again and say "well I'm not leaving you with Auntie so go get ready now!" She huffed and walked away.

What am I gunna do with these girls, I think to myself. Then both girls come out ready to go. Kera had thrown her blonde shoulder length hair up in a messy bun and put on sun glasses that covered her beautiful green eyes. She at least had more clothes on this time, a crop top that covered to her bellybutton and jean shorts again but longer and with holes. Trixy was special. She was quiet, the total opposite of Kera and me. When she was 3 she was in a car accident, the car accident that killed our parents. She didn't have a broken bone or anything. No one understood how she survived. But she is here she looks exactly like mother. Her blonde hair had natural highlights, her eyes were green but not like Kera's they were bright with wonder. She always saw the good in everything.

"Earth to Renah" Kera snapped, bringing me back to reality. I ask "what?". Kera rolls her eyes and says "I asked if we are going yet" I just sigh and say "yeah come on". I grab my purse and put in my phone, wallet and house keys. I can't drive yet because Auntie won't let me take the test so we walk everywhere, the store is just up the road and I babysit the neighborhood kids for some money.

As we are leaving, a drunk Auntie pulls in the driveway nearly hitting us. She gets out and she looks rough her hair is all messed up and her shirt is unbuttoned and her pants are ripped. She yells "where do you think you're going?" sluring her words.

I just roll my eyes and push the girls along. I look back and yell "we are going to the store, get yourself together before we get back." She doesn't say anything she just marches inside and slams the door.

We walk down the road I check my phone its 12:30, I put it in my bra. We talk about random stuff to make the time go faster. We talk about memories we had and as I listen to their memories they aren't with me, they are when I was out of the room with Auntie. When I would turn up their music or TV. They would play games and have girl talk, I missed out on so much.

We eventually got to the store and we spent about 30 minutes picking out dinner for the next few nights and I let the girls pick out a couple things for themselves. When we go to pay there in a hot cashier guy about 16 or 17. His name tag said 'Steve'. He said "your total will be $50.47, and I am Steve" I say "well here Steve" handing him the money and then continuing "I'm Renah and these are my sisters Kera and Trixy" he smiles.

OMG HE HAS DIMPLES.

He says "oh meeting your family already" I laugh and Kera says "just ask her out already" he writes something on my recete. He says "call me sometime" I smile and nod. Then I turn to leave, but I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn back and its Kera she says "um forgetting something" pointing to the groceries.

I face palm myself and grab some bags. I say "geez why did we get so much? We still have to carry it home" Steve must have heard me because he offered us a ride home I politely denied it and we walked out.

I looked thru the bags trying to find the watch I just bought. When I find it I put it on my wrist and set the time. Its already 2:15. We get about half way home when I realize a white van following us. I look at Kera who is looking at me with a worried look on her face, she sees it too.

The van follows us longer, I whisper "run" and the girls take off running and drop the bags. Then I take off running after them. Kera then Trixy turn left, a few paces ahead of me. Then I turn around and the van is gone. So I slow down and turn the corner.

I yell "girls the vans g-" I'm cut off when a hand comes over my mouth. I start to kick and punch. Then I feel light headed and black out.