Hannah straightens up, seeing how serious Castiel is. 

"Then I will come to assist," Hannah shares with him.

Castiel frowns. 

"Are you sure?" Castiel questions, knowing she is not a fan of the Winchester's, especially Dean. 

"I wish to help you, no matter what, where, or who it is," Hannah replies. 

Castiel nods as they get into the car.

"Are you sure about this?" Hannah questions him after they have been in the car for a while, and it is nighttime outside. 

Hannah faces him as Castiel stares at the road. 

"If you wanted to stay behind . . ." Castiel drifts off, his eyes looking at her and back to the road. 

He didn't want to have this conversation with Hannah. He was drowning in his thoughts on how Dean was no longer human, and what they would have to do if they couldn't save him.

Castiel wanted to cry at the thought. 

"I didn't. I just . . ." Hannah insists, before releasing a sigh as she faces the road in front of them. 

"Castiel . . . I think the Winchesters are a bad influence on you." Hannah explains in a motherly tone as she faces him. 

This time Castiel glances slightly her way before focusing on the road once more. 

"Sam and Dean may be a bit rough around the edges, but they're the best men I've ever known." Or were. "And they're my friends." Except that I want Dean and I to be more.

Castiel makes it into the bunker, new stolen grace swirling in his body. He makes it inside of the bunker and can distinctly hear Dean yelling for Sam. Castiel runs through the maze before finding him. Sam drops the blade, and Castiel has no idea whether Sam saw him or not. All he knows is that he goes forward just as Dean does and wraps his arms around him.

Dean grunts as he struggles in Castiel's arms. Dean was worse than he imagined. Despite knowing the truth, Castiel thought that Dean might still have his soul, the beautiful, pure soul that Castiel loved. But instead, it was this black, charred, scarred thing. It was in the shape of Dean, but with ram horns on its head. Dean's face was like wax that was frozen as it was in the middle of melting. The rest of his skin missing chunks of it, and black as if frostbite has touched it and he was being burned alive at the same time. Scars littered what was left of his skin, and his clothes were torn.

And his eyes, that were usually green were now black. His fingernails and toenails were black claws, and his teeth were razor sharp, and his tongue like a snake's. Dean was a demon and was horrible.

Castiel knew that if he had to meet Dean in this state, he could grow to care for him like he had cared for Meg. But, since he knew how beautiful Dean had once been, it seemed impossible. He couldn't possibly love Dean as a demon, not when he knew how he had once been.

All of his feelings for Dean were shoved down, and anger replaced them. This demon had taken his Dean. Whoever this monster was, was going to pay for what it had done to the man he loved. He would rip it apart and hide all if its body parts where they would never become one again, if only to avenge his Dean. Castiel knew that's what Dean would want. He would hate who he had become. Someone who would try to kill Sam, someone who was the very thing he had feared becoming all those years ago.

"It's over. Dean, it's over," Castiel tells him, his eyes glowing a light blue with the stolen grace. 

Dean growls.