Chapter 11: Thanksgiving

Start from the beginning

"Hold on, you mean he didn't know?" Mary Margret asks skeptically.

"Uh, no... why, was I supposed to tell him?" I ask, confused.

"Men," Mary Margret mutters as we drive in the opposite direction to Killian's.

Regina's P.O.V:

"Andrew baby! Come on, we don't want to be late to go to Molly and Henry's house!" I call to my son as I rush around, getting ready myself.

"Ready mama!" he says from his coloring book on the stairs.

"Liam, hurry up, we're gonna be late!" I call from the bedroom, zipping up my dress.

"I know, stop rushing me, I'll be out in a mo'!" Liam calls back, coming out of the bathroom a minute later. "You look wonderful, love," he says to me, kissing my cheek quickly. I roll my eyes, grabbing my purse and pulling him to the car.

"Have you got your red apple turnovers?" he asks as we get in.

"Yep, right here. Andrew, seat-belt on?"

"Yes mama."

"Yep, right here. Okay, we have to make a stop before we get to my idiot brother-in-law's house," I explain as he starts the car.

"A.K.A, my brother," Liam says chuckling. "Alright, where to, love?" he asks.

"Zelena's house," I answer plainly.

"Your sister. And who the devil convinced you to bring her?" Liam asks, knowing she annoys me.

"Your mother actually. She said she wanted the entire family there and I didn't want to upset her, so here we are. Now can we just drive please?" I ask.

"Alright, no need to be testy, I'm going," Liam says with a laugh, a little smile playing on my own lips.

We pull up in Zelena's driveway and I head up to knock on her green door. Moments later it swings open, revealing none other than my sister.

"Gina! Hello, sis! Hold on, I'll just be a mo', I've got my green apple turnovers in the oven to keep warm! Let me go grab them," she says, heading into the house. Turnovers. Lovely. I cringe at the thought. Green apple turnovers.

Everyone knows red apples taste better.

Green ones are sour and bitter.

How the hell do you make a turnover out of that?!

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Zelena comes back, shutting the pea-green door behind her.

"Alright, shall we go then and meet this new girlfriend of Killian's?" Zelena says.

"Let's go," I answer with a sigh.

Brenan's P.O.V:

I stand before the blasted thing called a mirror, attempting at putting on a bloody tie.

"Ava!" I call.

"What is it, darling?" She calls from the kitchen, preparing something to bring to our son's house.

"I can't get this bloody tie to sit!" I shout, annoyed. She laughs, ascending the stairs to approach me.

She takes the tie into her hands, tying the bloody thing in a way I'll never be able to understand.

"Thank you, love," I say, relieved to have it over with. "Blasted thing," I mutter.

"Alright, Brenan speak. What's got you so worried?" Ava asks.

"Nothing," I answer gruffly.

"Brenan. I may be a bit forgetful from time to time, but I'm not stupid," my wife says, raising an eyebrow.