Chapter 44: "You smile like a five year old meeting Barney."

Start from the beginning

I hit send and placed the phone onto the glass table, a smirk at the corner of my lips.

Lily laughed and I looked at her expectantly.

“Oh nothing, just amusing how you say nothing is going on yet you smile like a five year old meeting Barney when Jaden texts you.” She commented not looking at me but at the T.V that was playing some RomCom. I glared at the side of her blonde head and fought with myself not to say anything, knowing it would only make my matter worse.

So I done the mature thing. I flicked her ear and ran away to the kitchen before she could hit me back. Ha.

“Hey! Anyone home?” Nicolas shouted from the front room. I was currently in the kitchen raiding the cupboards for some chocolate and Lily was in the toilet.

“Yeah! In here,” I called out stretching on my tiptoes to reach Noah’s hidden stash.

Sure, it was only hidden from me and any of the guys could reach it no problem, but that just made me want it even more.

“Where is everyone?”

I looked over my shoulder when Nicolas entered the kitchen and he smiled at me.

Shocker I know, but lately we have almost bonded over our teasing of Noah and Lily. Good times.

“Ugh, well Lily is in the bathroom and the guys all cleared out after you. Jaden should be back soon though, he said he was only ten minutes away.” I said before turning back to my endeavour of the short people.

“Really? They left the two of you alone here?” He said almost disbelievingly. I rolled my eyes into the cupboard and shrugged.

“Yes they left us alone Nicolas, we are not children.”

He laughed and I heard him move behind me, reaching over my outstretched hands he pulled down the chocolate for me and sat it on the counter in front of me.

“Not Lily, just you.”  He laughed again as I turned around ready to punch his face in. Lucky for him, the sound of the front door closing stopped me.

“In here!” I called out moving away from Nicolas, grabbing the chocolate bar from the counter as I did.

“Making my sandwich Elly?” I heard him say as he arrived in the doorway, he was smirking; his hair wind swept and a little crazy looking from being outside. He looked as if he was going to say something else but his eyes fell on Nicolas and he stopped, his smirk falling away with whatever it was.

“Oh, hey Nick. Never saw you there.” He ran a hand through his hair and smiled slightly at Nicolas who rolled his eyes at me.

“You never see anyone but her lately, you get used to it.” Nicolas said smirking slightly. I smacked the back of his head, hard, and walked towards Jaden. The both of us otherwise ignoring him.

“Hey,” he said smiling that smile, the one with the dimples. The heart breaking one.

“Miss me?” I grinned moving past him to get to the living room.

Lily was just coming in from the other hallway, her hair wet and a pair of pyjamas on. I guess she went for a shower.

“Please, you missed me,” Jaden replied following behind me.

“Dude, you were gone half an hour.” I deadpanned dropping onto the sofa my knees tucked under me.

Lily laughed and sat down on the armchair, allowing Jaden to slide in beside me. Nicolas was still in the kitchen, by the sounds of the clattering and shuffling her was getting something to eat.