Chapter 43 - The war (part two)

Start from the beginning

I stood there debating whether I should get mad or I should be confused.

"Why?" was all that I managed to say.

"My uncle, the king, you know that I wanted my beloved back. I would've done anything but, that was before I understood that he couldn't give it to me or before I got to know you. You're a really good person and I just want to tell you that I'm very sorry. For causing all the problems between you and Arron, you deserve happy lives, together," he said apologetically.

My expression softened as I heard what he said.

"You deserve happiness too. And you will make it out of this alive," I assured him.

He gave me a sad smile that couldn't reach far.

"Let's do this," He said quietly.

I gave him a nod and zeroed my vision back on my target. I couldn't see him anymore. I looked around me but, I still couldn't spot him.

This isn't good. Not good at all.

"Do you see-" I asked Kyle but got cut off by him.

"Watch out!" I heard him yell.

Before I could process things, I saw Kyle on the ground clutching his stomach. I looked in horror as the king came out of nowhere and was trying to stab me but instead stabbed Kyle. He quickly recovered though and was up by my side in a few seconds. He gave me an assuring smile and turned back to the king. He scowled as he spotted him.

"I see my family has betrayed me, not only my son but, now you Kyle," The king said with clenched teeth.

"I may have been on your side at the beginning and thought it was correct but, now I know that I'm in the right side," he replied with hatred.

The king only smiled wickedly and answered, "Very well."

The king launched at us both, trying to go for me. Kyle got in front of me and kicked him back but, barely making him stumble. The king only smiled larger and attacked again. This time I was ready though, and I worked with Kyle to give him good hits. But it only seem to infuriate him more. He took out his blade with the purple elixir and shot at me. I just had a little time to react and it barely missed me by an inch.

That was close.

Kyle got my dagger that I must have dropped and sliced it through Ametheus's chest.

Kyle ran up to me and said, "I'll distract him and you go for the kill."

I was about to object but he gave me a solemn expression.

"Just do it, don't worry about me," he said and left.

With a deep breath I got out the dagger out that was covered in the elixir, and shot forward. Kyle was trying to keep him at bay as much as he could but I knew that he was losing. He was able to get loose from Kyle's arms and sliced his blade through the air. I don't just in time before it can make contact but I heard a thumping sound behind me. I saw Kyle on the ground, with a slit throat.

"No!" I shouted.

I felt the tears start to prickle in my eyes. And then I felt pure rage. I turn back to the king and shot at him with all my might. But he kept dodging all my hits. It's only got me angrier and I knew if I didn't come down I would definitely lose this battle. He just gave me a satisfied smart.

"Is that all you have?" He taunted me.

I shot far it again and show him what I was made of. I managed to get a lot of scratches and he was starting to slow down with all the elixir in his system. Are use that to my advantage and when it seemed that he couldn't find anymore I went for it.

"Have a nice afterlife you bitch," I said, out of breath.

I pierced the dagger through his heart. He didn't seem surprised though. He gave me another horrible smile and before I knew it, he stabbed me in the stomach with his blade. He fell backwards finally dead. I fell onto my back, gasping for air. That's when I noticed that there were no more sounds around me. The fighting had stopped.

"Daphne!" I heard someone faintly yell.

But I couldn't exactly tell us everything started to rain and I was starting to be less aware of everything around me. I felt a presence reach me and I heard him start crying. As he pulled me up to his legs I instantly knew it was Arron.

"No don't you dare leave me you are not leaving me I just got you back," he sobbed.

I felt the bile start coming up my throat. I coughed for it to be only blood.

"No baby, you're okay you're fine, please hang on," I had him sob louder.

I managed to give him a small smile through the pain and I told him, "I-I just want to say I-I'm sorry and I l-love you."

I coughed up more blood after I said that. I could feel my eyelids start to droop.

"No! Don't you dare close those eyes! I love you too baby," he yelled worriedly.

"Somebody help!" I heard him yell.

But I was becoming less and less aware. I barely noticed someone picking me up and running with me in their arms. And then on out, I was just changing from unconsciousness to barely being conscious...
🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱

My poor babies!! My poor Kyle!! And poor Daphne! Oh no! Well that's it you guys, see u on the flip side!