Arranged Marriage (One Shot)

Start from the beginning

He seemed content to look at my face. I wondered if there was something on my face and he found it funny. Or did he have some problem with his eyes and that is the reason he was staring at me. As if he could hear my thoughts he tells me, "I am never going to get tired of looking at your face. Your face is so expressive and how quickly the expressions keep changing. It gives me the feeling that your mind is like an F1 race track with multiple thoughts going at the highest speed." "It is not a crime to think." "It is not and it was a compliment." He tells me shaking his head at me as if I was dumb. Since we already established that I am dumb, there is something else too that everyone should know about me- I am dumb and I don't like people telling me that. "Compliment?" "Not really, more like something that I like about you." He finally says and I had no reply to that. "Shouldn't we get up?" I asked him. "Should we?" he asks me acting as if there is nothing in this world that he would rather do than waste his time talking to me in bed. "Yes, it's my first day here." "Okay, then get up." He tells me sighing.

By the time, I had finished my bath and come out, he was missing from the bed. I looked around and see him standing in the balcony smoking. I start frowning, another fact about me, I am anti-smoking. I step out and he turns back to smile at me. He looked me head to toe smiling. I was wearing my new Pakistani salwar, according to my mother it was the in thing now! And as his eyes travelled my body I felt his eyes touching me, and my body coming awake at the parts his eyes roamed. I again blushed! Seeing me blush he chuckles and turns around giving his back to me as he resumed his smoking. I had no idea how I could tell him that I didn't want him to smoke. We just started talking today and how can I start ordering him? I stand next to him and decided to be smart and use another indirect approach. "Do you like people telling you what to do and what not to do?" he turns to look at me and studied me for a while then taking a puff he says, "I don't like anyone telling me what to do and what not to do." "Okay, then can I make a request to you?" "I can guess where this is going but still go ahead." "When I am near you will you refrain from smoking? I have a thing against smoking." "Sure, fair enough." He replies. I move closer to him, but not touching and clear my throat. He looks at me and I look at his cigarette. He chuckles and says, "Why don't you go inside, Madhu? I'll finish this and come." "I want to get some fresh air." I reply mentally patting myself on my shoulders. "Okay, then I'll go in." he says and starts to go in and I run behind him. He turns to see me standing so close to him. "Done with fresh air." I tell him. "Then I'll go out again." "I want fresh air." I say as I followed him. He sighs and looks at me, "Okay, you keep running around here. I'll go to the bathroom. You don't want to watch me bath now, do you? Or do you want to bathe with me?" "NO!"I reply quickly as my cheeks turned pink. "Good." He replies grinning and walks into the bathroom smoking. "Rishab!" I scream as I ran behind him, he stops and looks at me, "I have a thing about cigarette smell in the bathroom, so I request you to not smoke in the bathroom." I look at him very earnestly all the while proudly patting me on my back, obviously mentally. He sighs and asks me, "If you don't want me to smoke then just tell me that. Why run around in circles?"  "You said you don't like anyone telling you what to do and not to do." I remind him. "You are my wife, not just anyone, Madhu." he tells me shaking his head disappointed at me while I gaped at him. As he continued to look at me I realized he was waiting for me to say it, "I want you to quit smoking." He smiles sweetly at me, "I won't quit but I'll try to cut it down." I furiously look at him and he chuckles at me "Later.  We have to go down." Saying that he gets into the bathroom and closes the door on my face.

I was sitting with my mother-in-law when Rishab walks in. "Madhu, my friends are here to meet you. Come." And he walks out just like that expecting me to follow him, and I followed him. I walked to the living room to find three guys chatting happily. They stand up seeing me and Rishab quickly introduces me to Sultan, Mukund and Sikky.  After the introductions were over, they sit down while I stood there wondering whether they expected me to sit there or go back inside. As I stood there contemplating what to do, my husband turns to me and says "Why are you standing, Madhu? Sit." I noticed him patting on the empty space on the couch next to him and I sit there as he wanted me to sit there. Then ignoring me he get engrossed in talking with his friends while I sat there acting as if I understood each and every syllable coming out of their mouths. When in truth I could hardly make heads or tails of their conversations, as it was all football oriented. Football and fashion go hand in hand; both are things I don't understand. If it was cricket then that was another ball game, I would have thrown in a few words too, Sachin, Dhoni, T20, IPL, ODI, Sehwag and then my mind went blank. My heart stopped beating. I stopped breathing. My world stopped revolving. Rishab's hand was on my hand. He was holding my hand, squeezing it. I turned to look at him and he was talking without a care in the world making me wonder if he was even aware what he was doing to me. Then he started caressing my palm with his thumb. As I felt the tingling sensation, electric current ran through my body to places I didn't know even existed or rather that could feel such strange sensations. If someone had told me that a simple touch could turn you on, I would have laughed but now all I can do is hold myself back from sighing out loudly. I squeeze my palm shut trapping his thumb inside and he doesn't give up and starts wiggling it inside. I tried to hold my hand still which was well hidden on the couch between our bodies from his friends' eyes.  "I think I should go inside." I tell him nervously as I just couldn't control the blush that was creeping up my face. "Why?" he asks me with a naughty glint in his eyes. "Mummyji is calling me." I reply as I tried to control my heart beats. "I didn't hear." "I heard." "Okay, then off you go." He says grinning widely at me. I waited for him to leave my hand while he kept smiling at me. I slyly pointed him towards our hand and he looked down at our hands then looked back at me smiling. That dimple smile and I struggle to hold back my sigh. I slightly struggle trying to pull my hand, and he holds it tighter. I struggle a little more and he quickly leaves it. I was a little disappointed that he left my hand and relieved at the same time. I realized that I got a new adjective to describe myself, confused. Quickly getting up I hurry to my mother-in-law and safety.