Children's Bedtime Tales ------------ misty stomberg

• Dedicated to Valerie Stomberg Grace

Wicker Wabbit

and

Puffsmoke The Dragon Tamer

and

Hoppy

By Misty Azalea Stomberg

1986? edited 2014 three stories plus

----

Green Cheese on the Blue Moon

By M A Stomberg

An astronaut mouse

Rode a silver spoon

To find great treasure

On the shiny blue moon

Past the milky way

The rocket mouse would fly

Across the silver stars

That twinkle in the sky

He said when he did find it

To mouse kind this is a boon

Whoever would expect

Green cheese

On the blue moon

-----

Wicker Wabbit

Deep in the forest here lived a large grey rabbit named Wicker Wabbit who lived in a large nice and tidy hole beneath a large oak tree, near a nice small spring fed creek filled with watercress and fresh water.

Wicker Wabbit was very busy today making nut cookies, carrot cakes, punch and watercress stew for his birthday party.

All his forest friends were invited, grey squirrel, hooter owl, molly mole, perry possum, chip chipmunk, and Missy rabbit.

Wicker Wabbit and Missy rabbit were the best of friends, and he thought she was the most beautiful rabbit in the world.

Wicker wanted to look his best for the party so he wore his dark grey suit to match his light grey fur.

The guests should be arriving shortly he said to himself as he hurried on setting up all the goodies.

The first to arrive was molly mole, and right behind her was his good friend chip chipmunk.

Soon after, grey squirrel and perry possum joined the party, hooter owl then flew down to the ground arriving at the same time as little Missy rabbit on the green path that led to Wicker Wabbits nice home in the ground.

When Wicker saw Missy rabbit in her cute pink outfit and soft white fur he thought she was even more beautiful than the last time he had seen her.

Molly mole helped serve the punch and refreshments even tho her bad eyesight made her run into things

Everyone remarked how good the nut cookies, carrot cake and punch was.

'Its delicious.' Hooter owl exclaimed.

Gray squirrel especially liked the nut cookies while Wicker and Missy enjoyed the carrot cake the most.

Afterwards they all played games and received little prizes for their efforts, hooter owl was real good at tag as he could fly out of range of whoever was 'it'.

Everyone remarked on the nice prizes everyone received at the party.

Hotter owl loved his shiny marble he had won in the push a potato with your nose contest.