Chapter 2: Flash Flood

Start from the beginning

With the radio blaring Jesse flew down the road with a huge grin on his face.  After all the crap he had put up with in his life, he was finally almost done fixing it.  From drug addicted to being engaged to the most beautiful girl in the world and having his own little family.  Suffice to say he was very happy as he sped down the streets to his house.

“GET THE DRAGON!”

Jesse heard the scream like it was coming from right beside him.  Suddenly something slammed down on the front of his car and sent it flipping through the air.

The car tumbled through the air and threw Jesse round the inside.  He slammed against the seat, the steering wheel, and the roof.  Finally the car flipped one last time and landed on its roof and skidded to a stop.  There was nothing but silence for a while until Jesse kicked out the shattered window beside him.  He crawled out on his stomach, being careful not to get more glass stabbed into him.  Blood was streaming from his face and arms as he pulled himself across the pavement.  He didn’t feel any kind of cuts on the rest of his body, and most surprisingly he didn’t feel like anything was broken either.

“What a tough little human.”

“He is no human.”

“Either way he will die.”

Three people surrounded Jesse and one of them leaned down next to him.  Whoever they were, the were wearing all black clothes and didn’t have any shoes on. 

As Jesse tried to get up, he heard what sounded like wings flapping.  A foot hit him hard on his side and rolled him over.  He started coughing and gripped his sides.  The three people stood over him and laughed.  Their faces were covered with bandanas and sunglasses so Jesse couldn’t see anything.

“Azrael wants him dead.  Finish the job Luke," said the person to Jesse’s left.

One of the three took off his bottom bandana to reveal a mouth littered with fangs.  That was exactly what he wanted to see, a vampire.  Not like he hadn’t see plenty of those, especially with one of his best friends being one.

“You’re not going to want to do that Luke.”

The man laughed and looked at the other two.

“Why not?”

“Because you’re going to piss her off.”

Clarissa was standing behind the man in full vampire rage mode.  Her eyes had turned blood red with her pupils looking like small slits of black.  The fangs in her teeth were fully barred and her ears had grown pointed.  She was a vision of a beauty that needed to be feared.

Clarissa grabbed the man by the back of his neck and flung him into Jesse’s car.  He started to get back up but Clarissa was already in front of him brandishing a knife.  She ran it through his chest and nailed him to the car.  From her lack of gloating Jesse could tell that she was extremely angry.

Remaining serious she turned around and walked back to Jesse.  She pulled him to his feet and pushed him behind her.  The other two looked extremely afraid to move ahead or to run.  It was obvious they were trapped between which decision to make.

“I am Lauren Juliet Obar, Princess of the Coven of Obar.  I demand to know who ordered this attack.”

Jesse had never heard Clarissa‘s real name before.  He had known her for most of his life and had only heard her call herself Clarissa.

“Azrael ordered it.”

Azrael?  Why did that name sound so familiar?

“Impossible Azrael is in slumber.”