Life Of A Gentleman

Mulai dari awal

"It's good, Kayla." Being twelve, I had been through more event's then people who were grown and up in age. I no longer felt twelve, and as far as people told me I don't look twelve. I'm tall for my age, and the fact that I was tryna grow dreads made me appear a little bit older.

I made my way through the small one bedroom apartment to the bathroom.

It wasn't hard to find anything in this little compact place that I was already calling home. Everything was close together, the bathroom was the only thing that seemed to have its own section. Other than that everything else was pretty much smashed in together.

I took a long piss before walked over to the sink to wash my hands.

Olivia worked long hours, like Kayla so they could afford the price of living, along with me. I already felt like burden to them both, but I knew if they didn't want me here they would have left my ass there at the orphanage.

Neither one of them would tell me what had happened to the folks I'm suppose to call my parents. I knew they knew, with Kayla being 20, and Olivia being 25. I know they had to know something, but I don't ask to much.

"I'm gonna make you something. Shawn. Sit." If it was anybody else I would have probably ignore them, but I sat down in the kitchen/living room while my sister got together some food for me. It was a sandwich, and some chips, but best believe I tore that shit up.

The orphanage didn't really have food like that. Stale bread, and two year old bologna is not where its at.

"Thank you." I told her.

Kayla smiled at me kissing my forehead. "You can sleep down here. Your sister and I sleep in the bedroom." Kayla eyed my dreads taking a couple locs in her hand. "Lemme retwist them, you look rough little bro." I laughed. "You just gonna talk about me like the fam?" Kayla smiled walking to the back, she came back with some bees wax, and a comb.

It felt good to have her do my hair. I closed my eyes relaxing while she re-loc'd em. "Shawn, I really wanted you to go to Richmond Heighs. Its a private school about an hour away from here, but they was asking for to much money. So I'm going to try to get you registered in Manchester Elementary."

Manchester Elementary..

That school was rough. They some how managed to keep their rep up of being on fox news daily without miss, but I didn't even complain because I didn't wanna make Kayla feel bad, and she was bending over backwards tryna take care of me along with Olivia.

If you can't tell I'm real close to Kayla, maybe more so because she's younger, and we suffered the system together. At eighteen they had let her go, but I was sneaking to see her, and she was promising me that she was gonna get me out.

I didn't remeber Olivia that much because she had been seperated into another foster care agency, and when she had gotten released I was only five, but Kayla would be talking about her  telling me I had another sister, I really didn't give to much of shit about Olivia at first because I didn't remember her.

"Thats cool I don't care." Kayla finished up my dreads. "You dont?" I just shook my head. "Naw." A smile came to Kayla face as if I had just told her she'd won the lottery. I was happy to make her feel like she had done something good for me.

 I returned her smile. "I was told about your "accident" at the chruch." I just shrugged. "It got me out." Kayla just nodded, but didn't say anything as she walked off with the wax,and comb.

My sister was cute, long black hair,a heart shaped face, big brown innocent looking eyes, and a smooth light brown complexion.Some of the male care takers would be tryna mess with her, but from what I knew they never did much except for grab at her ass.

I was always with her when I saw it happen one time.

Kayla had always been really short, She was twenty, but I was looking at her forehead when we stood up next to each other. Kayla came back from the back all of a sudden. "I don't know what tweleve year old boys do, but your sister,and I got you some car magazines."

Kayla handed me a small stack of magazines, and I started flipping through them.

Kayla left a little while later to go to work when Olivia's shift ended for the night. I felt a little awkward around her beause I didn't really know her like I did Kayla. She was already irritating me by telling me to go to bed.

Talking about it was 11pm, and I need to go to sleep. This girl got me messed up.

"Who you talking to?" I finally asked. "Look little boy. I don't have time for this I just busted my ass at work, so I can afford your little bad ass, this place, myself, and Kayla. You need to watch your little attitude before I put all my stress into this whoopin' you about to get." 

"Put ya hands on me, and see what happends." I stood up ready to brawl with this girl. Olivia resembled Kayla, but she was taller. Olivia pinched the bridge of her nose, and closed her eyes. "Lord, help my father.This little boy is about to get his ass whooped."

I didn't know who she was talking to..

"You know what stay up. Do you. I'm in the back if you need me." Olivia walked off, and left me alone. I flopped back on the couch feeling victorious, but Olivia caught me off guard when she punched me in the chest only moment's later.

Then she got to my eye level. "You are about to show me, and your sister some respect. I will send your ass right back to that oprhanage do you hear me? I work to hard." 

I did feel a little bad about talking back to her because they did scoop me up, but my chest was feeling the pain of her punch so my judgement was just a little bit jadded. "You ain't gotta punch me to let me know that. You need to show me some kind respect too." Olivia glared at me a little, but she just kissed my head and walked off again.

Well shit atleast I know she got love for me..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------