OS - YEARNING LOVE

The room still looked empty

Just as she started to move back, a pair of arms snaked around her waist & the very familiar voice of her husband filled her ears.

I am right here, doctor.

He muttered in her ear, his cheek curved into a smile.

And why are you here, when you should be in office at this hour? She asked back resisting her own smile.

Well, as unfortunate as it sounds, my one and only wife is not talking to me. What else am i supposed to do but try to spend some time with her.

He continued muttering into her ear, glumly.

And why is that?

She shot back resisting the smile, as she moved out of his embrace to face him.

She thinks I don't love her and I don't think she loves me either.

His face scrunched up to whine and his hands moved to the top of her shoulders, resting there.

Is that so? Then how does that help you being here..

She smiled unable to resist his gaze, boring into her. Just the way he casually stood close to her, his hands on her shoulders and his playfulness getting to her.

Ofcourse, it does. I came here to tell her how much I miss her, how much I love her. Its the only way, i can get to spend sometime with her.

Her eyes lowered as she saw him closing in the distance between them, his hands pushing on her, towards the wall behind her.

Raman, we're in my clinic.

Yes, I know that. And you are with a patient, so I doubt anyone is going to come looking for you until you step out of the room on your own.

She felt her heart dipping to the nervous, line as he closed in the distance between them. Given any day, his closeness was something she never was able to resist and he knowing his charm more than anyone used it as much as his cogitative allowed.

And what makes you think I won't be doing that any moment now?

Because i am here, and you are here, where you need to be.

She was about to talk when he back hit the wall behind her and his form caging her to the wall.

Raman, what are you doing?

She whispered barely finding her voice.

Just what i missed.

He whispered and without letting her utter a word closed in the distance between their lips. She breathed in deeply, the feel of his lips on hers was consuming, like always. He heard her breathe in deeply and felt her go limp, his hands moving down to her waist to hold her. He waited, just holding his lips on hers to get her to make some movement, but he could feel the resistance between them. She waited and waited for him to deepen the kiss, but he didn't. She knew he was waiting for her, to see if she wanted to. The vulnerable side of her, the one that loved him despite being angry, could never pull back from his touch.

Her hands moved to his back, holding him and her lips parted. He yanked harshly on her waist, pulling her closer and engulfed her wanting lips into his. She tasted as enticing as ever, her lip gloss as sweet as ever, the same warmth in her lips, the one that he loved being the one it was for. She held him tighter, as his mouth consumed in on hers.

He kissed her passionately, breaking through the control she was trying to keep on herself, but failing every moment his lips moved against hers. It only took a moment, he could feel the longing in her kiss, with the way her hands were on either side of his face holding him close. Teeth nipping, tongues lashing, there breathes getting heavier by each second, they kissed. Kissed without breaking away.

Tears pricked the corner of her eyes, how vulnerable was she to his love, she couldn't find the anger even if she tried to, she didn't want the kiss to end. She didn't want him to move away.

It wasn't until she whimpered with the lack of breath did he broke the kiss, whimpering himself.

Breathing heavily, they looked at her each other, her eyes glistening with small tears and his quietly trying to read hers.

He pulled her closer once more, touching his forehead to hers.

Its not like i didn't know how much you missed me, just wanted to see for myself.

He admitted in a whisper. She looked up at him, tears clouding her eyes, the fact that she was trying to push herself away from him, when every part of her wanted to be with him made it all feel worthless.

Raman please, don't do this. If all you want to know is how much I missed you, or how much I love you, then all you have to do is look into my eyes. You know I can't hide it.

She let the tears fall closing her eyes.

Shhhh.

He whispered, his thumb brushing across her cheek to wipe her tears away.

Ishita, please don't cry. I don't want to give you any pain, but this. Knowing how much you love me, that you still want me as much as always despite who I am, this is what my strength is. You are. Your love is.

But this.. this is my weakness and you know it. Then why..

Because I know how much its hurting you. I know how hard you are trying to stay away from me when you don't want. I don't want you to put yourself through it.

He said pressing his lips lightly on her forehead. Her hand curled around his neck, holding him.

Raman, don't...this is just..

She whispered but was silenced by him, his finger pressing in on her quivering lips.

I'll try Ishita, I promise. I will try as much as I can, for you. Because I need you. I cannot let you go away from me. Not now, not ever.

She looked at him with tears in her eyes, he could see nothing but love in it, just like she had voiced. She wasn't even trying to hide it.

Ishita, I am not asking you to forget anything. Don't. All I can ask, and am asking is, be with me. Just don't ever go away from me, because there will be nothing left to fight for. You are every reason for me being everything. Even If I have to fight with myself, it is for you. Because I cannot lose you. Every time I think of losing you, I feel dead, same as I felt all those years you were away from me. I can never lose you like i did, ever again.

Her hand stopped his words, his tears touching her hand. She just shook her head, forbidding him to say any further. Every time a vulnerable side of him, in tears churned her heart. Nothing could make her doubt his love for her, only if helped her fears.

I will never let you lose me, or even let you loose yourself. Because i love you a lot to loose you or even your love, and I also know much you love me. And I cannot lose your love, I need it more than anything else to live. Just promise me, you will try. I want my husband back.

And I need my wife back. I need my love back. For which I will do anything.

His hands crushed herself to him, his face buried it he crook of her neck. She hugged him closer, her hand caressing his back and his hair as the wetness of his tears touched her, her own tears streaming down her eyes. She felt even more broken, seeing him crying like a baby in her arms but nothing could make her leave him, if she was his strength, he was her weakness, the one she could never let go of.

Their love was pure, much more purer than she could ever fathom. It was the air they both needed to breathe. Both knew it in their heart. it was flawed, but it was all they had. Neither could bear to loose it.