Chapter 1:

"Samantha!" I turn my attention away from the snow falling outside of my window and look over at the door.

"Coming mom!" I yell. With a sigh I stand up from my window seat and pull on my knee high boots, tan beanie, black jacket, and tan scarf. I rush down the stairs and smile at my mom.

"Morning Sam."

"Morning, dad already gone?"

"Yeah sweetie he was called in early."

"Oh." I mumble grabbing a bagel.

"Is he going to be at the studio tonight?" I ask.

"He wants to be but I don't-"

"Drop it it's fine, I don't need him I can record it myself." I say grabbing my keys.

"Sweetie you know he-"

"Seriously mom it's fine I'm going to go to school."

"Ok sweetie have a good first day." I give her a kiss on the cheek then slip out of the house and get in my car. New Jersey is amazing but also a pain because no matter how much snow or whatever we are still in school and being a new student in senior year it just sucks! I drive to the school and park my car. I get out of the car and walk into the school, getting my schedule and locker number. I pull off my jacket, beanie, and scarf and throw the stuff in my locker. First period is in room 923 with Ms. Twinkle.

"Twinkle seriously?" I murmur to myself taking the corner sharply and of course with my luck ram into something. I stumble but get caught. I look up into blue eyes.

"I'm sorry I'm in a-" I move into a squat and pick up the books I dropped. He squats down and hands me a notebook.

"New?" We both stand up and I look up at him he's got at least three inches on me.

"Uh yea, Samantha Gray." I say giving him a small smile.

"I'm Ethan it's-"

"There you are baby." Some blonde chic walks over to Ethan and pulls him into a heated kiss. They break up and I clear my throat.

"I better be going." I say about to walk by them.

"Wait what class are you going to?"

"Calculus Ms. Twinkle." I say looking down at that schedule.

"Awe too bad we are not going that way." The blonde says looking me up and down.

"Right, well it was nice meeting you Ethan and uh-"

"Sylest." The blonde says.

"Right, bye." I say rushing towards the classroom.

"What was that Sylest you didn't have to be so-" The door shuts behind me before I can hear whatever else Ethan was saying.

"Ah Ms. Gray take a seat in the back please." I nod at who I assume is Ms. Twinkle then take a seat in the back.

"Hey." I say to a red head next to me.

"Hey! My name's Mallory."

"Samantha." I say giving her a big smile.

"Oh my gosh it's sooo amazing to have someone new at this school finally for once!" Mallory exclaims.

"Haha I'm not that special." I say and she shrugs.

"Ok class today we are learning about-" I blank out the rest of her words while I take the notes.

Finally class ends and Mallory and I stand up. I pull my bag over my shoulder.

"Where you heading next?" Mallory asks.