1

The one to the right.

You had began working at the Armed Detective Agency as one of their prized members. They gave you new clothes, and they erased your criminal background as long as you vowed to stay loyal to them.

You sigh in delight as you finish the last of your paperwork. "I'm going for a walk!" You announce, and everyone just nods. They don't object to your will, knowing your intentions.

But Yosano speaks up, "you won't greet the new employee with us, (Name)?" You shrug, running a hand through your hair. "What do you think?" You query with a smug smirk.

You don't wait for his reply and leave the office. You rush down the stairs, not wanting to use the elevator, and walk out of the red brick building. A cold blast of air greets you, but you don't mind it. You pull down your hood(which somehow went up), to avoid looking suspicious, and begin combing through the streets.

...

"Hello~! I am Dazai Osamu. Pleased to meet you! I hope we can get along!" Dazai grins, a bubbly aura surrounding him. Yukiji scans his environment, searching for you, but sighs in disappointment, noting your absence. "As he has mentioned, his name is Dazai Osamu, and he will be working with you from now on. Dazai, you will be partnered up with Kunikida. Any objections?" Yukiji glances at both men but no one of both voice their disagreement.

As the president leaves Dazai and Kunikida to get acquainted, he approaches Yosano. "She went out again?" He queries, despite already knowing the answer. "Yes, president," the doctor sighs, crossing her arms. "She seems so obvious but it's so hard to read her."

"As expected of the Sly (Favorite Color), she is a pro. We shouldn't underestimate her just because she is sickly," Ranpo laughs, joining in the conversation.

You open the door, yawning slightly. "I'm back," you mumble sleepily. "Yo, (Name)!" Ranpo wraps an around your shoulders. "We have a new member. But I'm guessing you already know that." You nod, coughing blood. "I'm so tired."

"Were you able to fish something up?" Yosano asks, pushing off Ranpo's arm off you and protectively holds you, rubbing your back. "No, but I found some kiddo who can control this snake thingy," you cough into your hand, spitting blood, "and I messed with him, but I couldn't touch him. So yeah. I wasn't able to fish."

"That's too bad, anyway. Meet Dazai! Our newest member!" Dazai? That sounds familiar. You turn and your eyes widen slightly but your lips curl into a smirk. "Ah, so it's you," you chuckle, as Dazai takes in your appearance. "It's been so long, (Name)-chan~!"  He replies merrily.

"You two know each other?" Yosano asks, glancing between the two pros. "Yes. I happened to bump into this lovely young lady and saved her from getting smuggled by a-" "woah, woah, hold up there, Dazai. You never saved me from, anything,  and I was never a tried-to-be-smuggled victim," you point out, glaring at the taller man. "Eh? Then how did you meet?" Ranpo asks, hands behind his head. "At some place called, 'Lupin'." You answer simply, before coughing up more blood.

Dazai frowns, when you two had first met, you never had coughed that much. Are you getting more sick?

"I want to sleep already," (Name) mumbles tiredly, "Kunikida, can you carry me to my room?" You feebly reach out to him, like a child. The idealistic man sighs in irritation,  but does as you ask anyway. He hoists you in his arms, and carries you princess style, using your lean body as an advantage. You lean into him, a yawn escaping your lips as you begin fiddling with your gloves.

"Good night, Yosano, Ranpo, president, and you too, Dazai~!" You call out wearily, glancing at them with half lidded eyes.

As soon as you were out of earshot, Dazai glanced out the window then at the clock, before saying, "it's not even nighttime yet." Yosano chuckles, a fond and adoring look on her face as she stares at where you just left her line of sight.

"Out of all of us, (Name) has always taken the large and dangerous jobs. The ones not involving any sort of crime, of course. The money she gets from it, she uses it to support the agency's budget," she smiles slightly at the end.

"Does she have a partner?" Dazai asks. "No, she's a one man operator," Ranpo grins, hands now in his pockets.

"That girl is stronger than any of us here."