Chapter 30: Fin

Life went on as usual in Hogwarts. Gryffindor had won the Quidditch match that Saturday after an exemplary performance by their Seeker, Ginny Weasley. Pansy had begrudgingly accepted the redhead's offer of showing her the ropes of Quidditch. It only served to convince her that it was a sport for barbarians. But at least it was then that she realized the exhilarating part that Ginny was talking about: the flying part.

She never did fly outside their first year lessons with Madame Hooch, so flying with Ginny Weasley felt like she was starting over from scratch. Hitting the quaffles through the rings on the pitch and having the wind blow her hair, she could admit to herself afterwards, were fun.

(She did not admit this to anyone else though. However, she suspected everyone knew because every time that Ginny asked her out for a quick fly around the pitch, she would say yes.)

Ron joined the Quidditch Team afterwards as Beater. Harry didn't.

"Too much attention," Harry murmured into Draco's shoulder as they lay on his bed, tucked under the covers and into each other. He gave in to the heaviness of his eyelids and closed them, letting the image of Ginny flying gracefully across the sky, the whole of Hogwarts cheering manically as she outstretched her arm for something that only those with the quick eye could see.

He could still hear the roar of the crowd, his own voice mixing with them when Ginny's hand finally closed upon the Golden Snitch and a triumphant grin won over her face.

He missed that feeling. Holding on to the Snitch and having everyone cheer for you.

But not enough.

For now, he wanted to enjoy his last year in Hogwarts in peace, worrying only about his friends and his studies.

Draco didn't reply anymore, understanding that Harry was already halfway succumbed to sleeping, but Harry had enough consciousness to feel it when Draco smiled against his forehead.

He slept peacefully, knowing that Draco was pleased with his decision.

Theodore Nott finally attended class after three days of self-imposed exile. He had suddenly shown up during one Potions class and apologized profusely to Harry without ever looking him in the eye. Harry had to tell him that he was forgiven seven times before he stopped rambling.

Three more days later, Harry was sure that Nott had taken to avoiding him like the plague.

They never talked about what Carrow did to Harry in the Chamber of Secrets.

Harry didn't start any conversation about it and Draco pretended he didn't know.

That next Sunday, Blaise Zabini hoisted himself out of bed at five in the morning. Even the sun thought it was a godawful hour to be up and so the sky was dark and ominous.

As he exited the doors of Hogwarts Castle, however, he saw a light in the distance and knew that waking up at five in the morning was going to be worth it.

He reached Greenhouse 3 in high spirits, content with the knowledge that he was going to spend his morning with Neville. When he entered the Greenhouse, however, his high spirits quickly pummeled down when Luna Lovegood, wearing those awfully purple Spectrespecs, greeted him with a sunbeam smile.

"Why, hullo, Blaise," Luna said, pushing away a strand of her white blond hair away from her face. The movement caused the dirt on her hand to transfer to her forehead. "You have a lot of Wrackspurts around you today."

Blaise did not know when he gave Luna Lovegood permission to call him by his first name nor did he know what she was talking about those mythical Wrackspurts.