Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Uncertainties

Sophia calling ..

Paglabas ko ng banyo ay napansin kong tumawag s-si Sophia. She's my little sister. Siya nalang ang iniwan ni dad sa amin after their break –up. She means a lot to me kaya't di ko makakayang may masamang mangyari sa kanya. She's only 19.

"Yes, baby?"

"Kuya, I'll be home by 10 since I have to finish this case study. I'm with Yoji. I'll be fine."

"No, I'll pick you up."

"But---"

"No buts. I'll be there any minute."

"Kuy---" I ended up the call. I checked the clock. It's 8 in the evening already at hindi pa siya nakauwi. I know her so well. Baka may milagrong ginagawa yun. She grew up in London that's why may pagkasocialized ang batang yun. Pero hindi naman ganun ka tigas ang ulo nito.

[Sophia]

"Kuy----" Sh*t! He didn't even listen. What to do? I am not with Yoji. I'm with Will, my boyfriend. Yoji is also not at home. Thanks god because their house is quite near so I decided to leave.

"What's wrong honey?"

"Sorry hon but I have to go to Yoji's house. My brother is coming. Bye! I love you." I kissed him tenderly. I took my bag and run.

[Nick]

I'm already at Yoji's home but then, sabi ng maid ay nagpunta daw ng Olongapo ang family nila. Sh*t! She lied again. How could she-- I saw a girl running towards the gate. I am here waiting patiently at my car. Though it's dark, I knew it was her. It's Sophia. She's holding her sandals and about to rang the bell. Lumabas ako at nilapitan siya.

"Nobody's home baby girl." She paused. She seems nervous before she face me. I got you! I caught her twice already. Tsk. tsk.

"K-kuya? Ahmmm… I-I'm." Guilty. Tsk.

"I guess I made such a mistake in sending you here. I guess it's time for you to go back." She's kinda surprised.

"No! Kuya please .. don't .." She begged.

"I made up my mind. Let's go." I forced her to get in and we went home. I knew something like this would happen.

...

"You're grounded now, you'll stay at home while I prepare you're documents." She gasped.

"I'm pregnant." It was like a big explosion to my ears.

"Say it again?" I looked at her closely.

[Sophia]

"I said I was pregnant." This is bullsh*t! This is the only way for me to stay here. I'm not done with my goal yet. I have to look for daddy. But if I'll tell him the truth, he will curse me.

"Do you think I'll let you stay here like this?!" He's mad. His eyes were burning. Yes. I've seen it twice when I mentioned dad's name. He hated our father but I do want to see him. My brother was lucky when he got the chance of being with him. As for me, I never ever had the chance of seeing and being with him. Brother told me that dad run away with another woman. He let mom suffered and die in vain and agony. Whether it's true or not, I never despised him.

*Slaps*

I was surprised. I touched my face. That hurts. He never slaps me. I have no choice but to accept it. I must continue this plan. I'm sorry kuya ko. I stood up.

"Please let me stay here or else." Sh*t! I sighed. "Or else -- I'll gonna abort this child."

[Nick]

What?! Is she that frantic? What's wrong with her now? Sh*t! This is beyond my expectations. When I was looking at her eyes. I knew she's lying. I wanted to know her reasons.

"Do what you please!" Damn. I left her and went to my room. Good thing, I found my wine. I took a sip. Something's gotten into her. She's suspicious since she came. She was so desperate to follow me here. I have to know what she's up to. Sighed. I ended up hurting her. It was not my intention. Really, I was only surprised.

"Pregnant huh." Tssh. You can lie to anyone you meet. But not to me. I know you very well enough.

[Sophia]

Sh*t! I was left alone here. He's too mad. Sighed.

Yoji calling …

"Yes dear?"

"I guess I found him." My heart was moved. I felt the nervousness. W-Why? I must be happy right?

"S-send me the address. I'm hanging up." Gosh! What would I do if I'll see him? Aiiish.

To be continued..

Vote. Comment. Be A Fan.