Chapter 3

When school was over, I had to go work at our local Starbucks. I was at the back of the shop, making cookies and other pastries when he walks in. Mr. Cumberbatch entered the lobby, his suit straightened, and his briefcase in hand.

The light illuminated his face, his cheekbones creating a shadow on his cheeks. He caught me staring at him, and I quickly looked away. Suddenly the oven in front of me was very interesting.

"Jessica! Go take that mans order!" My boss, Angie, barks. I followed her gaze to Mr. Cumberbatch. Oh shit. I stumbled over to him, notepad in one hand and pen in the other. "Can I uh, take your order?" Damn, that stutter is back.

"Um, I think I'll have... Oh hello Jessica!" He smiles, his deep velvety voice making me melt inside. "Hello Mr. Cumberbatch..."

"Please! Call me Ben. We are outside the school."

"Okay Ben. Can I take your order?"

"I don't know, can you?"

"Are you serious?" I huff, beginning to walk back to the kitchen. "Wait!" Ben calls after me. I turn around to see him standing in front of me. Well I wasn't expecting that, and being the scary cat that I am, I jumped back and almost fell over.

I felt two hands go behind my back, catching me right before I hit the ground. I saw Ben's green/blue eyes looking into mine and he smirked. "I guess you just fell for me," he laughs, still looking into my brown eyes. My face became red as Ben returned me to I'm upright position.

"Uh... I... Sorry," I manage, running back to the kitchen. My face was burning with embarrassment, and I couldn't stop thinking about how he looked into my eyes... I really wanted to kiss him, but that would be weird... Considering he is my English teacher.

I go to get my phone and realize that it must have fallen out when I fell backwards. I look out the serving window to see Angie getting Ben's order herself. He hands her something, which I presume is my phone, and then she makes her way back here to give me his order.

"What a gentleman he is! First he caught ya' then he gave back your phone!" She laughs, handing me my now cracked, black iPhone. I slide open my phone, to see it was set on notes.

"I put my number in your contacts.. Text me if you'd like. Xoxo ~ BC"

My heart melted and I'm positive my face became red again. I looked up to smile at him, just to see that he was already gone...