Somehow, I ended up falling asleep again, but this time there were no dreams. I can't remember the last time I had a dreamless night, it felt good.

My eyes flew open as realization hit me. I do remember the last time I had a dreamless night; it was before I dropped the pendant...

I quickly scanned the room, my aunt and uncle were nowhere to be seen, and Zach lay in the chair beside my bed, asleep. I took the pendant off from around my neck and examined it, it really was beautiful.

A yin yang design, one half a beautiful opal blue, the other gold with flowers with a crystal line running between the two. It was indeed very pretty, but it didn't look all that important. I traced my fingers over the amulet, carefully. Maybe it did something? If it did, did I want to find out what?

I sighed to myself before attaching the pendant back around my neck. Curiosity was the only thing making me want to know, but curiosity killed the cat...

"Satisfaction brought it back." My eyes quickly shot over to Zach to find him still asleep. Okay, that's creepy, that's the second time I've heard his voice inside my head...

I rubbed my eyes, feeling drained, and decided to call it quits for now. I lay back in bed, rolling over to face Zach. My hand slowly trailed to where his lay on the bed. Placing my hand over his, tingles ran through my hand and up my arm, it was a beautiful feeling.

My eyes fell shut again, and soon I was falling back to sleep.

The sound of chatter woke me up next, my eyes slowly lolling open to see my auntie and uncle at the other side of the room talking to a doctor. I glanced to the side to find Zach awake and watching them talk.

Glancing down to our intertwined hands, I couldn't help but smile slightly. I stretched from where I lay, catching Zach's attention.

"How are you feeling?" He whispered, his thumb rubbing circles on my hand.

"Better," I choked out; my voice hoarse from my dry throat.

Zach caught it and reached over to grab the glass of water that sat on the bedside table. He handed the glass to me and I downed it quickly, instantly feeling a hell of a lot better.

"Thank you," I said, handing back the now empty glass.

"Good, you're awake. The doctor said you can go," my uncle spoke, making me smile as I jumped up from the bed, letting go of Zach's hand in the process. I just wanted to get out of this place as fast as possible.

"Woah, babe, be careful." I froze at Zach's words, as did he. I stared at him in shock, along with my aunt and uncle, who also looked concerned.

"Uh-I-I mean..." Zach quickly trailed off, awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

"Come on, let's get out of here!" My aunt intersected, rushing over to me and pulling me out of the room before I could protest.

I trailed beside her silently, Zach and my uncle somewhere behind us. My mind was once again all over the place.

My aunt guided me to the car, where I got into the back seat. The others followed not long after, but my eyes stayed trained out of the window the whole ride home.

Uncle thought it best they dropped Zach off first, so we arrived at his place and he gave a defeated bye before exiting the car. I felt bad for ignoring him, but I really need to clear my head right now.

We finally arrived home and I trekked up the stairs to my room, closing the door behind me and falling face first onto my bed.

Babe