1.Wishing on a shooting star

Lisa POV:

*sad music playing in the background*

'Nooooo, Prince Eun!! Whyyy!?', me and my bestfriend, Yumi, cried as the 10th prince, Eun, fell dead on the ground near his loving wife

'Nooooo, Prince Eun!! Whyyy!?', me and my bestfriend, Yumi, cried as the 10th prince, Eun, fell dead on the ground near his loving wife. I stuffed my mouth with more popcorn and surpressed a heavy sob. Why did all the nice characters had to die?! Yumi, who sat on the other side of the beige couch, stole a teary glance at me, then moved her gaze back to the TV. 

It was always like this. We had k-drama marathons like this every holiday and this time we'd decided to watch a drama called "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo''. I must confess, I was the one who had come up with the idea to watch it, just because Byun Baekhyun from EXO was starring in it, but soon after the first episode had started, we both fell in love with the 7 dreamy princes and the lovable Hae Soo. We were already watching the 16th episode in which Prince Eun is killed by his power-hungry brother so of course we were crying our hearts out...on a couch in front of the TV, at 2AM...As I said, it was always like this.

'If my mother wakes up we are in biiig trouble, Lisa...', Yumi whispered as soon as she stopped crying. I torn my eyes off the TV and looked at my bestfriend. Worry painted her face and her long raven hair was ruffled. Her warm brown eyes reflected the bright light coming from the television as she kept glancing at the living room's door.

'Aww come on, Yumi! Let's at least finish this episode? Don't you want to see what happens with the other princes?' 

Just as I threw her a pleading look, we heard the doorknob twist and I knew we've been caught. Yumi's mother stared at us in shock, either because we were still awake in the middle of the night or because our eyes were red and puffy from crying over the prince's death. As soon as her surprise wore off, she told us to turn off the TV and go to sleep.

'Just watch it in the morning, girls. It's so late already and you should be doing your beauty sleep. Who knows, maybe tomorrow you will have your own princes to seduce...'. She winked at us, making me squirm uncomfortable on the couch as my mind kept going over the same question all over again: What princes? We're only two regular girls who just finished high school...

After her mother left the room, I threw Yumi a lazy smile.

'Sooo..I think we should sleep now...' 

She nodded absentmindedly as she stared outside the window at the night-time city. 

I made myself comfortable beside her and traced the outline of the tall buildings that rose before my eyes.

'Seoul is beautiful isn't it?' 

I shrugged as Yumi stared at the sky with a dreamy expression on her face.

'Not necesarely...I find it quite boring most of the time. Just a dusty big city...'

Yumi frowned at my choice of words, but giggled shortly after I gave her a lopsided smile.

'I stand corrected.' She straightened her back and fixed me with mischievous eyes. 'Seoul is very boring indeed...Especially for someone who dreams about adventures and castles all day long.'

'Ouch!' She tried to get away from me as I smacked her right arm.

'Look who's talking.' I grinned as she threw me an apologetic smile. 'You've drawn princes and swords in every notebook you've ever had.'

She leaned on the window staring at the sky once again. I was sure she was thinking about what her mother had said, wondering if she could really find a "prince'' that will like her back. If I have to be honest, I was thinking of the same thing.

'Tch...' My lips curled into a small smile as I ran my hand through my brown waves. What a foolish girl I am to think of princes and romantic adventures when I should be thining about Med School...

Yumi gasped suddenly, her honey eyes sparkling with delight. 'Look!', she whispered, pointing at something bright shining on the dark sky.

I glanced again outside the window just to be impressed by the beautiful scenery. A bright star fell from the sky leaving a white glittering trail behind her.

'Make a wish, quick!', Yumi clasped her small hands together and closed her eyes tightly.

I laughed at her childish behaviour and told her to be quiet if she didn't want her mother to nag at her for the second time this night. She pouted and lay on the couch. 

'You're mean! Don't you know how to have a little bit of fun? You always act like you're older than you are, ahjumma !

I stuck my tongue at her in an attempt to seem childish, but her muffled laugh showed me I had failed.

'Whatever! Being an ahjumma is very interesting...There's lots of fun things to do...' 

I smiled at her and lay on the bed too. Looking at the stars for the last time, I wondered what would it be like to wake up in a world just like the "Moon Lovers'' universe and experience life at a palace. I would wear a beautiful silk hanbok everyday, learn the art of making tea and play traditional instruments in a luxurious garden...and maybe even fall in love with a prince...

My head felt light while I thought of living a life as wonderful as the characters in a k-drama. I driffted to sleep with the images of the 7 princes still in mind.

Never did I thought that this was the last night I slept in the 'dusty and boring' Seoul...

     --------------------------------------------------

                     Next chapter:

'Get away from me! I will never be a murderer's wife! I don't want to get involved in your sick plans!'

  -------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys, I thought I should tell you that English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes. Also this is my first fanfiction so I will apologise in advance for any cringy moments. 

This is not entirely my idea. There are a lot of fanfics based on this idea so I wanted to write a story based on it as well, but give it "my touch''. Oh, and sorry for the short chapter, but I wanted to make an intoduction first before diving into the story. I really hope you'll like it!  :)

Media:  'Appassionata' -Scarlet Heart soundtrack. Youtube video belongs to SoSoo. No copyright infrigement intended.

P.S.: all the songs I put at media are chosen carefully. I try to match the lyrics or melody with what happens in the chapter. So if you read the lyrics of each song from each chapter, you'll see that most of them fit the story.