“You two seemed to have patched things up quite nicely,” Ignis said with a smile as he came to a stop in front of them.
“Great! Nice one, guys,” Prompto said with a grin.
Noctis smiled. “It’s good to see you again, Zahra.”
“Thank you. It’s nice to see you all again, too,” she smiled as she and Gladiolus stood up together.
“Where are you headed?” Ignis asked.
“I was on my way to Altissia. Lady Luna sent me,” she told them. “I thought we were going to travel there together but she made me go ahead saying that it would be safer if we went separately. She was adamant that I go ahead.”
“So, she'll meet us there!” Prompto said as he clapped his hands together.
“Come with us,” Gladiolus said, looking at her.
She smiled. “I think I just might.” She looked around for their car but didn’t see it. “I’m sure you didn’t walk all this way.”
“The Regalia is currently being fixed at the garage,” Ignis told her. “It will be ready by morning.”
“Where’s your ride?” Noctis asked, seeing nothing but a motorbike. “Don’t tell me-“
“Yep,” she answered as she walked over to that very bike.

“This bad boy is all mine

“This bad boy is all mine.” She held her helmet to her hip as she stood in front of her pride and joy. “What? Did you think I carry this helmet around as a fashion statement.”
“Oh, sweet!” Prompto cheered as he went over and admired the bike. “What a beauty.”
“I hope you realise how dangerous these things are,” Gladiolus said, folding his arms as he gave a disapproving look.
“I survived you, didn’t I?” she retorted back to him.

He smirked. She was still as sharp as ever and he loved it. Despite the misunderstandings they had in the past, everything had fallen back into place so naturally. Her new ensemble really suited her. She used to wear dainty and smart clothes but now she was a woman and her style had changed. And it really suited her personality. She preferred her leather pants and red jacket which she would wear over a tank top, riding her bike with heeled thigh high boots.

After a while of talking and catching up, they decided it had become quite late and they were in need of rest. Gladiolus pushed her bike along with them as the five of them searched for a decent place to camp out for the night.

“Camping? I hope you have a spare tent,” Zahra said not wanting to bunk in with the guys.
“Unfortunately, we don’t,” Ignis said, which made her sigh quietly.
“You’re staying by me,” Gladiolus quickly mentioned.

Zahra smiled. He was still that protective dominant man she remembered and she was glad that didn’t change. It just made the whole process so much easier. It felt as though they hadn’t been apart at all. They soon found a suitable place to camp and Gladiolus parked the motorbike on the side and they went to work on setting up the camp. Zahra helped in any way she could, wanting to pull her own weight while she was with them. Once everything was set and the campfire was lit up, Noctis, Ignis and Prompto headed off to get some rest.

Gladiolus remained outside with Zahra, who was sitting on the ground and allowing the heat from the fire to keep her warm. He sat down beside her resting his arms up on his knees.

“I wish I could turn back time,” she spoke quietly as she stared into the fire, hugging her knees and resting her chin on them. “I wouldn’t have left.”
“No. You made the right choice back then,” he said to her as he looked at her.
She lifted her head and turned to face him. “How? Because of my decision, we lost each other for five years.”
“That’s true. But it was your destiny. Think about how far you’ve come.” He sighed, looking into the fire before he continued. “I was selfish. I wanted to keep you by my side.”
“It's not selfish,” she said quietly. She gently nudged his leg to make him look at her. “It’s love.”
He smiled at her words, moving his arm to wrap around her waist and hold her closer. “I guess all that matters is we’re together again.”
“Exactly.”

She smiled softly up at him, lifting her hand to his cheek and rubbing her thumb lightly over his scar. Her eyes travelled across his face, taking in every little detail. He had become more of a man and it could be seen clearly. Even the scar proved how much he had grown no matter how impossible it felt to her. He also looked at her face. Her beauty was second to none. She looked more mature, which only made her more beautiful in his eyes. Very slowly, he leaned down and brushed his lips along her own but he didn’t kiss her. He just wanted to feel her soft lips against his, feeling her breath gently hitting his lips in anticipation.

“Don’t tease me...” she whispered against his lips.
“We’ve waited five years. You can wait a bit longer, baby,” he mumbled back.

His words sent a shiver down her spine. He was the only one she allowed to dominate her and that didn’t change. And she loved it when he called her that. She missed hearing him say it, to know that she was his and his alone. Her heart beat harder and faster as she couldn’t wait any longer. She pushed her lips fully onto his and kissed him deeply, their lips moving passionately against the other’s. He pulled her onto his lap and kissed her more fiercely letting her know that he was the alpha and that it would always remain that way. His large hands were gripped at her waist as her hand moved to his chest, gliding down his perfectly chiselled muscles. After a few moments, their lips parted and they were both left breathless. He leaned his forehead against hers as she breathed heavily.

Nothing needed to be said. They had finally found each other again and nothing else mattered. She breathed out a quiet laugh against his lips, making him smile as she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. His arms went around her waist, holding her to him as he buried his face into the crook of her neck.

“I love you.”
“I love you, too.”